Lions Park Remote Learning Update
Letter from the PTO
Dear Lions Park Families,
The PTO board continues to work hard to find ways to support our students and Lions Park staff during remote learning and when we get back into the classroom. Please see our flier in the newsletter to learn more!
There are still open positions for the PTO to fill! First and foremost, we are looking for 2nd and 5th grade parent volunteers to help with our Social Connections Committee! This committee has been designed to keep our kids engaged virtually outside of school. More information can be found in the Social Connections flier. If you are interested, please reach out to: Vicki Chung - firstname.lastname@example.org, Patty Susmarski – email@example.com, or Zhaleh Pylawka – firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are pleased to bring back the Lions Park Spirit Wear Sale beginning Monday, 9/14 through Friday, 9/25. This year you can also purchase Lions Park masks! Use the information below to shop!
Access Code: LIONSPARK
If you have any questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
At this time, PTO meetings will be held via zoom. Please see below for the ongoing zoom meeting link and next meeting. The meeting agenda is attached to this newsletter.
PTO Meeting Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/3443179323
Next PTO Meeting: Sept 14 at 8pm
Molly Wintermute and Monica Janiczek
Lions Park PTO Presidents
PTO board members:
- Co-presidents: Molly Wintermute and Monica Janiczek
- Co-vice presidents: Mariya Thomas and Patty Susmarski
- Treasurer: Jackie Foley
- Secretary: Liz Fischer
MESSAGE FROM DISTRICT OFFICE
Dear District 57 Community:
As you are aware, District 57 will be starting the school year with remote learning. Quest Food Management Services is busy reopening the kitchen and making modifications to the program to ensure safe serving. The menu has been modified and will include pre-packed meals for distribution for each school in District 57. Cold entrees will be offered; you will also have the choice to pre order a la carte items.
Although there will be modifications to the “way” we serve our food during this time, we want to assure you that the quality of “what” we serve will not change. We will be preparing meals daily, from fresh, high quality ingredients that adhere to Quest’s Food Philosophy. Modifications to the way we serve are outlined below:
Pre- Ordering with My Meal Order
Quest has made modifications to ensure your meal is served in the safest and freshest way possible. Because meals will be primarily served in a remote environment, the District is using an online ordering system (My Meal Order). Below are the steps for ordering weekly A la carte options.
Starting Tuesday September 8th the entire district will have the capability to order lunch and A la Carte items off of a new ordering platform.
• Please create an account with My Meal Order – Instruction attached. This will allow you to select the daily meals and/or a la carte options.
• Meal orders must be submitted by Thursday at Midnight for the next week.
• You will be required to create an account and transactions will happen at the point of order.
• It is highly recommended that the “low balance” notification is set up for your My Meal order account to ensure continuous food service. Insufficient funds will result in delayed ordering and may result in your order for the next week not being processed.
• First orders will be due September 8th at midnight for meal distribution on Tuesday the 15th and Thursday the 17th.
Meal Distribution will take place at Lincoln Middle School in D57 between 11:10-12:50pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week
• Orders for Tuesdays will be picked up Tuesday at Lincoln Middle School
• Orders for Thursday will be picked up Thursday at Lincoln Middle School
• Meals will be labeled with the student’s name and ID number
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to Quest’s District Manager, Anthony Ferrazzuolo, at firstname.lastname@example.org or, Food Service Director at District 57. Donna Niesen at Donna.Niesen@questfms.com
Tardies, Absences and Early Dismissals
Although technology can work well, there are times when it just does not work correctly. Teachers will not be available to respond to emails during instructional times. Instead, please submit a Remote Learning Technology Support form by clicking here. Once submitted, someone from our District Technology Team will contact you to provide assistance.
If you experience a technical issue, please follow these steps to troubleshoot the problem:
Restart the Chromebook (make sure it turns all the way off before turning back on).
Quit any unused applications.
Sign out of an application if it's not working, and sign back in.
Move closer to your internet router if you are experiencing connectivity issues.
Turn off any accessibility features i.e., contrast mode, special cursor that may be set on the Chromebook. These can cause applications to run slow.