News from Lake Louise School
July 23, 2019
Welcome Back to School!
Welcome to the start of the 2019-2020 school year. I am very excited to start my 5th year as principal and my 8th year at Lake Louise. Lake Louise is a very special place and I am honored to be able to lead such a dedicated, caring, intelligent, and hardworking staff.
I also feel fortunate to work with parents that want the best education for their children. Lake Louise is both a place where students can dive into learning and excel academically, as well as develop lasting friendships and connections with their teachers. Lake Louise is truly a gem of District 15.
We know that the start of the school year is full of new beginnings and we want to help you prepare for those. Here are a few ways you can help support your child:
Tuesday, August 13, 2019 - Meet the Teacher Day
- 9:00-10:00 a.m. ALL grades (Kinder-6th) and Preschool (ECDEC AM classes)
- 1:00-2:00 p.m. Preschool (ECDEC PM classes)
- During this event, teachers will welcome you and your children to their classrooms. Please feel free to bring in any school supplies at this time.
- We will be selling expandables for grades 4th and 6th for $3.50
- We will be selling assignment notebooks for 4th, 5th, and 6th for $3.50
Tuesday, August 13, 2019 - New Family Orientation and School Tour (including Kindergarten and ECDEC)
- 8:30-9:00 a.m. The PTA president and myself would like to welcome new families, as well as kindergarten and preschool families to Lake Louise. A very short orientation meeting in the cafeteria will take place before the tour. This event will finish right before the “meet the teacher” event.
Wednesday, August 14 - First day of school: Grades 1-6
Thursday, August 15 - First day of school: Kinder/Preschool
- School hours: 8:45 am-3:25 pm, Fridays: 8:45 am-2:35 pm
- Morning Kinder/Preschool: 8:45 am-11:20 am, Fridays: 8:45 am-10:55 am
- Afternoon Kinder/Preschool: 12:50-3:25 pm, Fridays: 12:25 pm-2:35 pm
Thursday, August 29, 2019 - Parent Orientation (Open House)
All families of current students are welcome to learn about the academic and social expectations for their children at that grade level. The times for orientation are different for each grade level. Please see the schedule below:
- 5:45 p.m. Kinder
- 6:00-6:30 p.m. Grades 4 and 5
- 6:30-7:00 p.m. Grades 1 and 6
- 7:00-7:30 p.m. Grades 2/multiage/3
PBIS Behavior Expectations
The goal of our PBIS behavior expectations is to focus on teaching and accountability for positive behaviors that promote success in school. When students are being safe, respectful, and responsible in school or on the bus they will be acknowledged by staff and bus drivers. Your student will be held accountable for demonstrating the behaviors on this matrix so please take a few moments to review it with your child (English / Spanish).
The Parent/Student Handbook can be found on the District website.
Social Emotional Learning
At Lake Louise we want students to grow their social emotional learning all day everyday. We teach five important mindsets: empathy, flexibility, persistence, resilience, and optimism. Please read about it here (English / Spanish).
We also use a set of program materials to teach social emotional skills called Second Step. For more specific information about Second Step lessons please contact your child’s classroom teacher.
I am excited that we will be welcoming two new assistant principals to Lake Louise this year. Megan Preis comes to us with a wealth of experience as an instructional coach in several districts as well as working closely with our new superintendent Dr. Laurie Heinz. She will be with us full time. Josh Cimo worked as an assistant principal Feb - June last school year and will return to serve at Lake Louise halftime this year. He was a special education teacher in our district for many years and will lead the way with special education services at Lake Louise.
I am so excited about all the wonderful things to come during the 2019-2020 school year. Mrs. Preis, Mr. Cimo, and I look forward to welcoming you and your students on Meet the Teacher day, Tuesday, August 13, at 9 a.m. and then on the first day of school; Wednesday, August 14 (Thursday, August 15 for Kindergarten and Preschool only). Please feel free to reach out to me or Mrs. Preis, or Mr. Cimo at anytime. We both enjoy working in partnerships with students and parents.
Jennifer Seoane, Lake Louise School Principal
Lake Louise's Back-to-School Website
- About our School and District 15
- School Hours
- Arrival/Departure Procedures
- School and District Calendars
- Student Attendance
- Teacher Assignment
- Chromebook Information
- School Supply Lists
- Health Forms
- School Nutrition Services