May 4, 2015
Important Dates to Remember
May 22 - 8:15 - End of Year Celebration in our classroom - parents are invited
May 22 - Last day to check out books in media center
May 25 - Memorial Day (school holiday)
May 26 - Field Day (9:00 - 11:00)
May 26 - Student library books due
May 26 - Field Day
June 1, 2 and 3 - Half days for students - dismissal at 10:45
- SC PASS testing will take place Thursday and Friday of this week for grades 3 - 5. Second graders will not participate in this test, but we will follow a different schedule.
- If your child participated in the Blowfish Reading Challenge, please note: The Blowfish bookmark no longer counts as entry into the game! In order to collect STUDENT prizes earned, the parent/guardian MUST reserve the child’s tickets/prizes at least 48 hours in advance of our school’s designated game of June 15!! They can call the Blowfish box office at 803-254-FISH (3474) or email email@example.com.
- Student intent forms were in your child's yellow folder last Thursday. Please return these forms to me as soon as possible.
- Bus applications were sent home last Thursday as well. If your child will ride the bus next year, you must complete an application. Please return these as soon as possible.
- Click here to view the most current media center newsletter.
- Click here to see our class spotlight in the last Second Grade Town Meeting of the year. Our class sang the Butterfly Ballad with Mrs. Panarello's class.
Field Day News
MAY 26, 2015
Grades K-2: 9 a.m - 11 a.m.
Grades 3-5: Noon - 2pm
Field day will be here before we know it. It is a sign that summertime is getting closer. Field day will allow for over 1,000 students to enjoy games with their classmates and celebrate the friendships they have made in a physically active way.
We need volunteers, items donated and items borrowed. Please consider donating your time and volunteering to help with field day. This is a great opportunity for returning home college students, grandparents, and other community members to be involved at LMES. If you can not volunteer we can still use your help. We need icee pops and cases of water donated for field day. In addition we need to borrow (just for the day) tailgating tents and cornhole games. If you can help in any of these ways complete the FIELD DAY VOLUNTEER FORM found on Mrs. Plemmons' Webpage.
This week we are peer editing and revising our research papers and preparing to publish.
The spelling lesson this week is on the prefix un, as in unlucky or unhappy. Today we talked about the prefix un meaning "not," and discussed how it changed words.
This week we will continue to work in chapter 7 of My Math, which is subtracting three digit numbers. This morning we worked with subtracting numbers that required students to regroup in both the tens and hundreds places. We did not get as far with this lesson as I would have liked, so there is no math homework tonight. We will complete the lesson tomorrow and have more of an opportunity to practice, and I will send home the homework for lesson 6 on Tuesday.