A Walk In The Park
Edgewater Park Township School District News
October 2, 2015
- Schools will be closed on Monday, October 12, 2015 for Columbus Day.
- The next regular Board of Education meeting will be on Tuesday, October 13, 2015 at 6:00 pm in the Ridgway Library. The meeting will begin with a closed session. Regular business will begin at 6:45.
- Click HERE to see information on the District's Strategic Planning Process. The new Strategic Plan was approved by the Board of Education on September 22, 2015.
- Superintendent Dr. Rakszawski will hold a Parent Forum meeting on Thursday, October 22, 2015 at 6:30 pm in the Ridgway Library. Information will be presented on the PARCC scores, which will be coming in November. Time will also be allotted for an open forum discussion.
Magowan Elementary School News
- Students are encouraged to participate in the 'Jump Into Reading' reading incentive program sponsored by Assemblyman Troy Singleton. First through Fourth Grade students are challenged to read as many books as they can from October 1st through November 23rd.
- Magowan School will focus on Respect during the month of October, with a different theme each Friday.
- Thanks to the Beverly Fire Department for bringing the trucks and goodies for the students on October 6th to honor Fire Prevention Month.
Ridgway Middle School News
- The Ridgway Hawk Walk at Wood Lake Park has been rescheduled for October 17th. Registration begins at 9:30 am. The walk begins at 10:00 am.
- PBSIS hosted their Back To School Soccer Kick Off to encourage Ridgway students to be respectful throughout the school year. Presentations were given by Rowan's Men's Soccer coach, Scott Baker, and former US World Team Player, Stefan Barata.
- PTO Entertainment Cards are now on sale for $20 each.
- The PTO Designer Bag Bingo event will be on Friday, November 13th at 7:00 pm at Ridgway School. Doors open at 6:00 pm. Tickets are $30.
- Please direct any questions about PTO events to firstname.lastname@example.org
All inquiries should be directed to the Superintendent's Office.