AMMS Library Learning Commons
March, 2020 Newsletter
Students and teachers made a connection with books during our Speed Dating with a Book rounds!
Our 6th Graders shared their voices during their Poetry Slam!
We organized and participated in the first ever Fulton County Schools World Read Aloud Day celebrations!
Fulton County Schools World Read Aloud Day Archive - Wakelet
On February 5, 2020, over 75 educators in Fulton County Schools joined to together to celebrate World Read Aloud Day. LitWorld founded World Read Aloud Day in 2010 as an opportunity for people all around the globe to celebrate the joy of reading aloud, and advocate for literacy as a fundamental human right that belongs to everyone. World Read Aloud Day has evolved into a global movement of millions of readers, writers, and listeners from communities all across the world coming together to honor the joy and power of reading and sharing stories, and continue expanding the definition and scope of global literacy. The global effort is now celebrated in over 173 countries and counting!
Congratulations to our FCS Tech Fair Winners! They are presenting their projects at state on March 14th.
- Aujla I. - First Place, 5th/6th GradeSania S. & Jasmin S. - First Place, 7th/8th Grade
- Pranav S. & Rishabh G. - First Place, 5th/6th GradeDivij M. - First Place, 7th/8th Grade
Digital Game Design
- Chloe S. - Second Place, 7th/8th Grade
- Ilangkumaran Maruthavanan S. & Krishna T. - Third Place, 5th/6th Grace M. - Third Place, 7th/8th Grade
- Yaashmita S. & Arushi S. - Second Place, 7th/8th Grade
- Susmita D. - Second Place, 5th/6th Grade
- Sanjana U. & Diya K. - First Place, 7th/8th Grade
- Andrew R. - First Place, 7th/8th Grade
Do you know a student who would be a great addition to our SWAT Team?
Encourage them to apply for our SWAT Team! Our Students Working to Advance Technology Team is looking for new members for the 2020-2021 school year. Our SWAT Team is an integral part of the running of our school helping with transformative uses of technology and troubleshooting issues that arise within a 1-to-1 learning environment. Through this opportunity, students will gain valuable, real-life skills that will help them in the future as they learn to navigate customer service needs, learn to speak and present in front of others, and gain leadership skills as they help to implement our technology plan using their own ideas and creativity. Students do not need to know all things tech-related to apply, but do need some working knowledge of how to use an iPad. Our team values a kind heart and willingness to learn as the technology skills can be taught. Only a select number of students will be accepted onto this team following the application process, teacher recommendations, and an interview.
Applications can be found here: http://bit.ly/ammsswat2020.
Future Lions Literacy Alliance Books
April 14th- The Benefits of Being an Octopus
Looking for fun ways to review before Spring Break? Try a BreakoutEDU or Digital Breakout in the library to increase engagement. I have tons of ready to go options for most of our content!
Dates and Reminders from the LLC
- March 2nd - 6th - Read Across America Week
- March 6th - Microsoft Teams Training for Beginners
- March 8th - International Women's Day
- March 9th - 13th - Teen Tech Week! SWAT is hosting workshops for students and staff if you are interested
- March 13th - Teacher Work Day - Safari Montage Training
- March 17th - Lions Literacy Alliance Meeting (Trevor Noah)
- March 20th - Microsoft Teams Training for Intermediate
- March 24th - Teacher Work Day - Digital Assessments Your Students Will Love!
- April 2nd - 7th Grade Career Day
- April 3rd - Virtual and Augmented Reality in the Classroom