Join us at LMAM for a Googlicious Day of Learning!
Let's Get Googley!!
Time: 8:00am - 4:15pm
Google Academy is a full day event within the LMAM conference. Kasey Bell, of Shake Up Learning, will be the keynote, followed by 5 break-out sessions, and a closing session with door prizes.
Space is Limited!
Be sure to star 'Google Academy' in the LMAM App to reserve your spot.
Kasey Bell of Shake Up Learning
Kasey Bell is an award-winning digital learning consultant, speaker, and blogger with a passion for technology and learning. Kasey offers engaging staff development for all levels of educators, specializing in training, presentations, keynote speaking engagements, and consulting.As a skillful facilitator, Google Certified Innovator and Google Certified Trainer, Kasey has led a variety of digital learning workshops, including presentations at ISTE, FETC, TCEA, Google Summits, and iPadpalooza. To learn more about Kasey, check out Kasey's Shake Up Learning website or follow her on Twitter @ShakeUpLearning.
Change is the New Black: Embracing the Digital Learning Revolution
“The only thing that is constant is change.” - Heraclitus
We live in exponentially changing times, and nowhere is this more apparent than in the world of technology. Technological innovations have opened doors and ushered in new possibilities for our students--learning like we have never seen before! As educators, we must learn to embrace technology in order to prepare our students for the future, AND take ownership of our own professional learning in the process. The digital learning revolution is here. Are you ready?
A Beginner's Guide to Google Drive (Beginner)
- How to get started in your Google Drive
Deep Dive into Google Drive (Intermediate)
- Organizing, sharing & permissions, and uploading files
Googlicious Apps - Docs, Sheets, & Slides (Beginner)
- Introduction to the main Google apps
Add-On Some Awesomesauce! (Intermediate)
- Increasing the functionality of Google apps with add-ons
Go Chrome or Go Home (Beginner)
- Working with Chrome bookmarks, tabs, & extensions
Power Up Chrome with Apps & Extensions (Intermediate)
- Increasing productivity with Chrome apps & extensions
Don't Be Tardy to the Google Classroom (Beginner)
- Learning the basics of Classroom
Stop the Paper Chase with Google Forms and Flubaroo (Beginner)
- Learning to create Forms for collecting information and grading
Oh, The Things You Can Do with Google Drawings (Beginner)
- Introducing the basics of using the drawing app
The Big Blog Theory (Beginner)
- Setting up and using Blogger
Get Goo-ing with Sites (Intermediate - double blocked)
- Creating web pages with Google Sites
I've Got a Chromebook, Now What? (Beginner)
- Learning tips & tricks for the Chromebook
Let Me Google That For You (Beginner)
- Learning to search more efficiently & effectively
- Web tools that interact seamlessly with Google Classroom
- Introducing Hangouts and how to connect with different audiences
On the Go with Google (Beginner)
- Using Google tools on iPads
Goo-ing On a Google Tools Treasure Hunt (Beginner)
- Exploring a variety of Google tools
I Didn't Know Google Had That Tool! (Beginner)
- Exploring Google Keep, Custom Google Search, & My Maps
Explore Google Expeditions (Beginner)
- Using Google Cardboard to go on a virtual field trip