RAVEN Weekly News
Black Rock High School - December 12, 2022
Parents you can check your child's credit progress by logging in to Synergy. Since our minimum every credit check is 10, everyone should have at least 4-5 credits by Friday, December 16th.
STUDENT INFORMATION - CURRENT
NOTE: If your parents are not comfortable doing this with us, the FAFSA can be completed at home. All you need to do is bring in the "Congratulations, your submitted your FAFSA" email to Mrs. Lee-Briggs. Students will earn Guidance credit for completing this task.
NEW Homeroom Activites for CC2 will start after break ...
Extra Holiday English Work
January 2nd is a HOLIDAY!
STUDENT INFORMATION - FOR REVIEW
FOOD HANDLERS: Make sure you sign up with Mrs. Luckino or Mrs. Seacat.
FACEBOOK: Like our page "Black Rock High School" to receive current information and see the bulletin.
STUDENTS - You can use REMIND.com! Ever have a question? Ever need some information? BRHS uses Remind.com to allow students to communicate directly through text messaging. The app is encrypted and phone numbers are not displayed. It's the perfect way to get the information you need. It's only a text message away.
1) Open up a text message box on your phone.
2) Use 81010 (like a phone number).
3) Text the code and then answer any questions asked (i.e. name, birthdate, student/parent etc.)
Mrs. Seacat's code: @gka4ag2
Mrs. Kelley's code: @jkbrhs23
Ms. Mohn's code: @msmohn23
Mrs. Luckino's code: @luckinobr
You can text anytime and we will answer or get back with you ASAP. Plus you earn a tiny bit of credit for signing up.
IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER
- 12/5 - 12/16 - STAR Reading tests12/16 - Friday - Spirit Day - UGLY SWEATER/HOLIDAY
- 12/12 - 1/11 - ELA and Integrated Math Benchmarks
- 1/2 - Monday, NO SCHOOL - We come back on Tuesday.
- 1/3 - 1/13 - Math STAR tests
- 1/5 - ASVAB Interpretation
- 3/27-5/26 - State testing - Smarter Balanced ELA and Math & California Science Test window
- 3/31- Cesar Chavez Day of Service
Our 2022-2023 Graduates:
1) Jaden Puleo
2) Ricky Draper
* Always let Mrs. Kelley know if she missed anyone!
STAFF MEETING: Monday, December 12; Book Club - Read Chapter 6
Senior Portfolio: HR teachers please periodically check on Senior Port and Consumer Math status using the Shared Document. Mrs. Lee-Briggs will be recording FAFSA completion on that document. HR teachers please determine who in your homeroom meets the qualifications to begin their Senior Portfolio (i.e. 60 or fewer credits to graduate and/or 10 or fewer credits of ELA needed to graduate) and give those names to Mrs. Kelley so she can add them. English Teachers - please make sure to include these credits in your gradebooks each credit check.
Intervention Schedule: HR teachers please let your HR students who are eligible for Senior Portfolio of the date and period for them to come to P-5. Limit participation to 8 students; new spots will open as students progress.
* Alexander's HR: Thursday during 2nd
* DEan's HR: Friday during 6th
* Gomez's HR: Friday during 6th
* Kelley's HR: Monday during 4th
* Krasnow's HR: Monday during 3rd
* Landeros' HR: Thursday during 6th
* Larson's HR: Thursday during 2nd
* Mohn's HR: Thursday during 6th
* Scharns' HR: Monday during 3rd
MAKE-UPs or CTE Students: Monday during 4th
Black Rock High School
Mrs. Jennifer Seacat, Principal
Mrs. April Taylor, Administrative Assistant
Mrs. Christi Cross, Registrar
Mr. Kyle Chapman, PM Supervisor
Ms. Mayra Coria, AM Supervisor
Ms. Rachel Lee, ELA Tutor
Ms. Ashley Pierce-Carlton, PM Supervisor
Ms. Eugenia Rupert, Instructional Assistant
Ms. Julie Alexander, Special Education
Mr. James DEan, Science
Mr. Angel Gomez, Art
Mrs. Jolie Kelley, Newsletter Editor/Intervention
Mr. Raphael Krasnow, English
Mr. Joshua Landeros, Social Science
Mrs. Janet Larson, Math
Mrs. Lisa Lee-Briggs, Counselor
Mrs. Shannon Luckino, MTSS
Ms. Hanna Mohn, Social Science/APEX
Mr. Eric Beck, Woodshop
Mrs. Jamie Scharns, English