Stars and Wishes
1. As of this printing, I know of one person who has applied for the grant! YAY!!
2. Your students are rocking writing. It is evident you have been working so hard on this. WOW....impressive.
3. Your Valentine Parties looked like fun. Lots of cool Valentine boxes, good food and lots of fun!
4. WE HAVE A THREE DAY WEEKEND!!
A Wish or two or three:
1. Sign up for your CPT visit on Canvas.
2. Once you apply for the grant, I would LOVE to see your video.
3. Sign up for the IPADS on Canvas
Friday Feedback Information
1. Someone had mentioned that there is a lot of trash on the side by the parking lot and the playground. In addition, there is trash on the playground. I have told Justin to please check this. I also talked to custodial and they are going to look into the possibility of putting lights around that area.
2. Ben has been doing Lexia with students. Now that we have more technology, it was suggested that he not do Lexia and do small group instruction. I have asked Ben to check with each teacher who sends students to him to see what they desire.
Thank you for your continued feedback. I appreciate it!
GIFT OF TIME
Please let me know ASAP for your time.
MICE IN THE BUILDING AGAIN.....
Some additional information to the Mice Issue:
Justin will be putting snappy traps throughout the building this evening. Justin will pick up all the traps on Tuesday morning when he gets here. Please let me know if you see evidence of mice in your rooms.As you know, we are having issues with mice again. Please be aware of the following:
1. PLEASE make sure your students take their lunch boxes home each day.
2. Some students put food in their desks. Please talk with them about this and have them clean out their desks to make sure it is clear of food. If we continue to have issues, students will not be able to bring snacks to school.
3. Please keep any food items you have in your room in bins.
4. Mice LOVE bird seed and other things like this. PLEASE make sure to put this in bins as well.
5. The kitchen supplies each of your classrooms with baby wipes. (in a blue container) Please have your students wipe down the desks each day after breakfast using these wipes. When you start running low, put a note on your cart and they will put another container in your cart for you to keep in your room.
At A Glance
Things that are coming up and due dates:
Make sure to set up your on site visit. (see details below)
Please sign up on Canvas!!
Week of February 8-12
15th- No school- Enjoy your day off!!
16th- PTA- Teri gone Am
15th- EVAL- Danielle 11:15
16th- Faculty Meeting 4:00 in room 136- Please bring your device
16th- Skating Party 6:00-8:00
17th- Future Eagles Storytime 10:30
17th- EVAL- Katie W. 10:00
18th- Teri Training 9:00-11:00
18th- PTA General Meeting- LIFE 360 4th 6:00 and 2nd at 6:30
19th- Teri Feeder Meeting 2:00
Update on my Dad:
I have emailed about my dad's condition. We have an appointment with an oncologist next Friday. (Dr. Hoos---Rianne's dad) We will find out next steps at that point. My brother and his girls will be here on February 20th. Sloane will start on the 22nd. Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers.
Calendar for February
Calendar for February
22nd- Focus Team- Whole group in room 136- Please bring your device
22nd- 3rd- Grade Peter and the Wolf
23rd- Kindergarten Registration Day- All Day-Please put on Newsletters and Facebook
24th- CPT 3rd grade 10:15
24th- MAESP- Teri Gone 2:00
25th- Training Teri Gone 9:00-11:00
26th- CPT 1st grade 1:45
29th- Mann Huddle- Specialty responsible
29th- HRA- Call 888-8888 to sign up.
Calendar for March
1st- NO LEADERSHIP (I have mandatory MAP training)- Please give your rep ideas about recognition- See below. Reps---Please email their thoughts.
1st- MAP training 1:00-4:00- KAC
2nd- City Wide PTA at Mann- GYM WILL BE USED 9:00-10:30 ish or so...
7-11th - SPRINGBREAK
14th- End of quarter
15th- CPT for 5-9:15, 4-10:15, K-11:45
16th- Principal's Meeting Teri Gone
17th- PTA planning- Major Saver Assembly 9:15
21st- Focus Team 8:00-8:30
21st- CPT 2nd- 2:30
21st- EVAL Rianne 9:45
22nd- Spring Pictures
23rd- Opera Assemly 9:15
24th- PTA General- Kindergarten
25th- CPT 1st- 1:45
25th- Read Across America 9:00-11:00
28th- Mann Huddle
29th- 4th Grade- Springfield Symphony
30th CPT- 3rd- 10:15
31st- Kindergarten Preview Day 9:30-10:00.
Duties for February 15-19
Front Sidewalk Duty: Wamsher
Car- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday- Sweet/Wednesday and Friday- Smith
Parking Lot Exit-Monday, Tuesday, Thursday Pheonix/Wednesday and Friday- Maxwell
GRADE LEVEL/DEPARTMENT RESPONSIBLE FOR FEBRUARY'S ASSEMBLY:
February- Specialty Teachers Responsible
HAVE NAMES READY FOR THE MANN HUDDLE BY THIS DATE:
Have 2 Brag Tag names and 1 MVP ready for the assembly on the 29th
MVP LUNCHEON DATE FOR THIS MONTH’S MVPS
March 15th- Please send home the MVP letter with your student. They are located on Canvas.
Collaborative Planning Meetings
INFORMATION NEEDED FOR THIS MONTH:
For those how did not have BOY to MOY scores, please bring those.
For Grades 3-5- Please be prepared to tell me how Dreambox is going? Please be prepared to pull up reports for your students to discuss their progress.
For K-2- Be prepared to tell me about:
- Students you are thinking about retaining. (if any)
- Your top three celebrations so far from this year
- Your top three frustrations, struggles, concerns so far this year. (and what you need from me to help with these)
For March: (this needs to be done BY your CPT time)
Your assignment for March is to schedule a meeting with another teacher in the building. You need to choose a staff member who is:---not in your same grade level, not someone you talk to on a regular basis and someone who is not in your focus group. I will have a calendar for you to sign up on in Canvas. Calendar is up.
This is what your observation needs to entail:
1. The visit should be at least 30 minutes.
2. The visit can be done at a time other than your plan time. We will get classes covered. (I will have to use Ben to do this)
3. This should be a one on one conversation
4. You will be responsible for setting up the visit.
The conversation needs to be centered on the following:
A. What physical changes has this teacher made to their room and why? If no changes have been made, what are their thoughts for change next year?
B. How is the staff member managing Lexia and Dreambox as far as:
-Getting the recommended minutes for each student
-Using the reports for each program
-Thoughts on how the programs are helping their students
-Any concerns with either program
C. How does this staff member have their reading set up?
-How do they document the progress of their students?
-How often to they document?
-Is there a form they use for this?
D. How does this staff member have their math set up?
-Do they have math stations/centers/rounds?
-If so, what changes or tweaking have they done?
E. What is one take away you will use from this visit?
Please be ready to share this information when we meet for our CPT meeting. Please either type it up for have notes written down.
General PTA MEETINGS
All musical meetings will be held at LIFE 360 at 6:30
February 18th 4th grade at 6:00 and LIFE 360
February 18th 2nd grade at 6:30 at LIFE 360
April 21st Art- Kindergarten 6:30- in the gym
LEADERSHIP TEAM INFORMATION:
Reps for each grade level:
K/1 – Johnson, L. 2/3 – Hoos 4/5 – Iman SPD/SPC – Feistner
Please always give this information:
A solution to any suggestions or concerns
If there is ever anything you feel should come to the Leadership team and it has not been covered, please let your rep or me know.
March 1st Please have feedback to your rep. by Feb. 26th- In what ways would you like to be recognized? Please send your thoughts about this. (things we have done in the past: "Wordles", Random Acts of Greatness, Teacher of the month etc...)
April 5th TBD April 1st
The second Tuesday of the month is the MVP luncheon-(except March- It will be on the 15TH due to Spring Break)
The third Tuesday of every month is faculty meeting. Not all will be seated. Some will be on Canvas.
The third Tuesday of every month is PTA executive meetings- Teri Gone
The first Tuesday of every month is Leadership- please send feedback with your rep.
The first Wednesday of every month is PTA Teri usually gone. AM
The second Wednesday of every month is Principal Meeting- Teri gone
Remember to fill out field trip forms, check the master calendar and tell the cafeteria if you are not eating at school that day. Also, new this year, all end of year field trips MUST be scheduled by April 1st.
Good To Know- anticipated employee high absence days
For the 2015-2016 school year, we anticipate heavy employee absences on the dates listed below. Historically, Kelly Services has had a difficult time filling absences with substitutes on these dates. If possible and if an event hasn’t already been scheduled, we’d appreciate any effort you might make to avoid scheduling events on these days. Also, it would be extremely helpful if we can ask teachers to avoid Fridays for Assessment Testing. This made a huge difference last year! Beyond these, please take into consideration these high absence days:
· Friday, March 25th – Good Friday
· Monday, March 28th – Easter Monday
· Friday, May 5th – SPS Graduation
· Friday, May 6th – SPS and Evangel Graduation
· Friday, May 13th – MSU and Drury Graduation
Birthdays and Recognition Days
ALL OF THIS HAS BEEN UPDATED ON CANVAS. Please make sure you know when you are responsible for your day or month.
Special Recognition Days: Counselor Day 3rd-Kindergarten Responsible
February Birthdays: Marilyn Sweet, Lauren Ackerman, Ben McVicker, and Kathy Powell are responsible:
Linda Gratton- 10th
Deb Maxwell- 10th
Teri Peterson 10th
Stacy Smith 14th
Lacey Perkins 18th
Pamela Asberry 23rd
Wendy Felton 27th