Wildcat Newsletter Vol. 13
News and Information for the Guest Elementary Community
NEWS FROM MRS. FIEBKE-LANG
On behalf on the Guest staff, we want to offer our biggest congratulations to everyone who ran for student council office. The candidates were truly fabulous; true Wildcat Champs, and we are so proud of them. Taking this risk was very brave and helps all us grow and strive for greatness. The following students were voted as officers to lead the 2015-2016 Guest Student Council:
President: Amelia Katz
Vice President: Abby Dodds
Secretary: Grace Van Benschoten
Treasurer: Brandon Ruffler
Thank you to ALL students serving in Student Council and all of our Wildcat Champs! Have a good weekend.
Michelle Fiebke-Lang, Principal,
& MHG Staff
11th & 12th Central High School Collage Concert
15th Parenting Series CD @ Geisler 6:30 -8:30pm
18th 5th grade attends 8th grade band concert in gym 9:15 - 9:45
22nd Winter Break Final Day for Students and Staff
23rd thru Jan. 3rd Winter Break
24th Christmas Eve
25th Christmas Day
26th First day of Kwanzaa
31st New Year’s Eve
WILDCAT CHAMP PLEDGE
Please print out a copy located in the body of the email. If you need a hard copy, please call the office and we will send one home. As always, we thank you for your support.
To all families who joined PTA, the school directories have been sent home with your oldest/only Guest child. We have a few directories available for purchase for $5. Send money to school in an envelope indicating that it is for a directory. Thanks to our generous sponsors and to Mega Printing for copying the directories.
SKI and SNOWBOARDING CLUB - ALL forms are attached in the body of the email
Alpine Valley Ski Area
Alpine Valley, 6775 Highland Rd, White Lake, MI 48383 (248) 887-6010
Begins January 6, 2016
Questions please contact: Celeste Fulcher call/text 248-224-6052 or at
The club will meet every Wednesday starting Jan 6, 2015 and will run until the
snow melts! (Weather Permitting)
All PAYMENTS must be into the office no later then the Tuesday before each
Wednesday and all checks must be made out to Alpine Valley (cash is fine too).
We are required to have 20 kids each week in order to participate; they DO NOT
have to be MHG kids so bring all your friends! We meet at Alpine Valley at
$29.00 per student per week (includes lift ticket and Lesson in the Patch Program
– Please see Patch Program Description in the Office)
Ski/Snowboard rentals are an additional $17.00 when purchased with lift ticket
and lesson. Helmet rental is an additional $9.00
(Once you have completed the EXPERT level your lift ticket with patch is only
All Area Lift Tickets and Rentals are available for Adults and Students not in the
Lift Tickets $28.00! Rentals $21.00
If Interested Please return page 3 of this packet to your teacher/office
Attn: Celeste Fulcher –Ski Club ASAP!
More Information - SKI SCHOOL - PATCH PROGRAM
To participate in the Patch Program you must be 6 years old
(5 and younger are free at Alpine)
* NOTE: At the beginning of each season, returning students are
required to re-take the lesson for the last level they have achieved. This
review is to insure the student has retained the skills required for that
level. If you want to have your child evaluated you can make
arrangements on Jan 6th prior to 5:30pm (arrive early) at Alpine Valley
Each student must purchase the current year (2016) patch ($2.00).
Once you have achieved a skill level in the program bring your grading
card to the Instruction Center and purchase that level’s patch. All
patches must be worn on your person either sewn on to your jacket or in
an armband ($3.00) that can be purchased at the Instruction Center. All
level patches are $1.00ea
After the class is over all students are welcome to stay and ski/
snowboard until Alpine Valley closes for the night however, your access
to the runs will be based on the patch you have achieved (or class you
NO outside Pizza, Fast Food, Crock Pots
or Coolers of any kind will be allowed in
the Main Lodge. You may bring in a bag
lunch/dinner prepared at home.
The Michigan Snowsports Industries Association (MSIA)
WEATHER GEAR & TEMPERATURES
- Please make sure your child’s name appears on any of their outdoor apparel, so we can reunite any lost items with their owners. Our students will have outdoor recess unless the actual temperature or the wind chill (“feels like”) temperature dips below 0 degrees or it is raining out. Here are the WLCSD Recess Wear Guidelines as a reference:
- 50+ degrees*: Child/parent discretion
- 40-49 degrees*: Recommended
- 39 degrees and below*: Required
- 45+ degrees*: Child/parent discretion
- 35-44 degrees*: Recommended
- 32 degrees and below*: Required
- Boots and Snow Pants
- Required when off of the blacktop if there is slush or snow
*Please note: These guidelines are based on the wind chill (“feels like”) temperature.
PLEASE READ OVER CAREFULLY: SAFETY REMINDERS - OFFICE PROCEDURES - BELL TIMES - WAITING FOR YOUR CHILD OUTSIDE OF THE BUILDING
- SAFETY REMINDERS:
- Please refrain from getting out of your car in the drop-off/pick-up loop during arrival and dismissal.
- Please refrain from cell phone use while driving through the drop-off/pick-up loop.
- Please pull all the way forward.
- In the morning, we ask that you do not let your child out of the car before you reach the drop-off loop... just passed the Turtle holding the sign.
- Turning right out of the Guest parking lot is helpful when the traffic backs up.
- Occasionally, students are picked up early for an appointment. Please park and come to the office to sign your child out. If you are waiting until the dismissal bell, we ask that you wait outside by the Walker sign. Please be sure to send in a note and discuss with your child when dismissal plans have changed.
- Please do not go to the Wildcat Pick-up Room to retrieve your child. You can ask an adult working outside to call your child out of the room to meet you.
- We ask all adults and older siblings to wait outside during arrival and dismissal times. The office and foyer become too crowded which impacts our procedures.
- Second bell rings at 8:55 AM. We appreciate your timeliness to avoid students being marked tardy.
Drop off: 8:50 AM
Late Bell: 8:55 AM
Dismissal: 4:02 PM
Departure: 4:09 PM
Thank you in advance for helping us continue a safe and orderly process during arrival and dismissal.
DECEMBER CAFETERIA MENU
GET CONNECTED WITH REMIND
GUEST ELEMENTARY SCHOOL CONTACT INFORMATION
Principal Secretary email@example.com
Heather Pengelly firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe Line for Absences: 248-956-3390
Principal Contact Information
Mary Helen Guest Elementary, Principal
Walled Lake Consolidated School District
Main Office: 248.956.3300
Cell or text: 248.766.5771