News from Team KB
September 15, 2014
Information from Mrs. Rodriguez
Just to let you know, I will have a substitute on Friday afternoon, as I will be coordinating the Mesican Independence Day Assembly that we will be attending. I'm sure all will go according to plan. :)
I am able to message you via Class Dojo, and you are able to do the same. It is a new feature on Class Dojo so I am still getting used to it. Thank you for your patience if it takes me a bit to get back to you. I am pleased to see that 11 families are connected so far. I believe we can connect via phone even if you don't have an email address. Let me know if you have any questions.
I am very pleased with my risk of trying something new this year with this newsletter format via a website called smore (www.smore.com). I have put in all of the email addresses I have for our class, and will share the newsletter via email. This allows me to share pictures, video, links, and much more! I am so excited about it!
Please let me know the best way to share this newsletter with you. I will send you a print version unless I have heard from you about only receiving an email version. This week I have included a google form for report card testing information. Please take a minute and fill it out so we can see how that works for us. Cross your fingers:)
Please remember to keep a $10.00 balance in your child's lunch account!! Parents, please remember that milk break milks ARE NOT covered for those who qualify for Free or Reduced Lunches. There is still a $.25 charge per milk each day.
Upcoming Important Dates
- Monday, September 15th - Picture Money is Due
- Tuesday, September 16th - Picture Day - Bring your best smile!!!
- Wednesday, September 17th - SIP Early Dismissal @ 1:00 pm
- Friday, September 19th - Midterm of the First Quarter
- Friday, September 19th - Mexican Independence Day Assembly in Gilman @ 1:15pm.
- Monday, September 22 - Mrs. Luhman will present on proper Handwashing techniques
- Wednesday, September 24th - First Quarter Midterm Progress Reports go home
- Friday, September 26th - Mrs. Luhman will come to test our Handwashing techniques
Grandparents are there to help the child get into mischief they haven't thought of yet. ~Gene Perret
Can your family help us??
- It would be wonderful if you were able to save BoxTops and Campbell's Labels for Education for our school. Just watch for expiration dates on those BoxTops!
- We love to use "good garbage" like clean empty frosting containers for pencil cups and empty Crystal Light containers for literacy stations.
- We have a wonderful partnership with G.O.D.'s Food Pantry in Gilman. If your family is able to send something that begins with the letter of the week for sharing that would be super!
My daughter Lili loves...
...spending time with our family. Here she is holding my great neice Olivia
My son Freddie loves...
...creating with Legos, all of the time!
Freddie and Lili
Christmas Morning 2014