Jevon's Law Firm
Here we will help you with all you need to know about the law
- A person who brings a case against another in a court of law.
2. An individual, company, or institution sued or accused in a court of law.
3. Charges the person named or an unknown person with a particular offense
4.Initiates a civil lawsuit by setting forth for the court a claim for relief from damages caused, or wrongful conduct engaged in, by the defendant.
5. An order to appear before a judge or magistrate, or the writ containing it.
6. The formal allegations by the parties of their respective claims and defenses, for the Judgment of the court.
7. A conference held before the trial begins to bring the parties together to outline discovery proceedings and to define the issues to be tried.
8. Intervention in a dispute in order to resolve it.
9.The hearing and determination of a dispute, esp an industrial dispute, by an impartial referee selected or agreed upon by the parties concerned.
10. A formal examination of evidence before a judge, and typically before a jury, in order to decide guilt in a case of criminal or civil proceedings.
Preponderance of Evidence
11.The plaintiff has the burden of proving the facts and claims asserted in the complaint. If the respondent, or defendant, files a counterclaim, the respondent will have the burden of proving that claim.
12. A decision on a disputed issue in a civil or criminal case or an inquest.
13. Apply to a higher court for a reversal of the decision of a lower court.