You don't want to be that one!
Some tips to avoid favoritism!
- Find something special about every student.
- Try to not form opinions about students.
- If possible, arrange desk and chairs in a circle so that no one feels left out.
- Actions speak louder than words! Acknowledge every student's hard work by putting their projects or drawings in the class.
- Make yourself comfortable around every student.
- Ask someone else about your behavior. You might often not notice your own behavior because humans tend to pick favorites subconsciously.
- Try to make every student your favorite!
Have you ever experienced sinking participation in class? Guess what? This is one of the many harms of favoritism. Teacher favoritism is usually a subconscious act wherein a teacher shows partiality towards one student at the expense of another. You might think that you are an unbiased teacher but as it is not a conscious act, you can never know how the students actually feel. So, if you don't want your class participation and involvement to go down then don't be that one!