Monday: September 28, 2015
Working together with families in a partnership of teachers, staff and community members to provide an individualized learning environment that fosters high achievement in core and elective areas; preparing students for life-long success.
Celebrating Important Milestones
Lynnetta Marcellus: 5 years
Teresa Kress: 10 years
They both received a service pin and a letter from our Superintendent, Mr. Ed Graff.
Family Partnership is fortunate to have you onboard. THANK YOU for your dedication to ASD, FPCS, and our students.
Meeting to set Student Growth Objectives
In lieu of the individual goal setting meetings, this year ASD teachers & principals will be conducting individual or group meetings to determine: Student Growth Objectives.
All meetings must take place by October October 15th.
Deanne's calendar is up at the front desk. Please stop by the office. Debbie will be happy to help you set an appointment.
The pledging period is Oct. 1 through Oct. 31, 2015
When you make a donation to the Anchorage School District Charitable Giving Campaign, you choose how the money helps to improve our community by selecting one or more of the agencies on your pledge form.
- FPCS is still looking for a Charitable Giving Coordinator. If you are interested in being the contact person for this district wide initiative, contact Deanne for more details.
- Click on the "Pledge Now" button above to make your donation via the secure e-pledge option. Donors using the e-pledge option will receive an engraved pen.
- Spread out your donation through payroll deduction or make a one-time pledge.
- Last year, ASD employees donated almost $200,000! This effort makes a significant difference in the lives of many of our students and their families.
- Last year, FPCS Teachers, Staff, and Students donated over $1,600! This year we hope to raise the bar a little and collect $2,000. Should we reach our goal by Friday 10/23, I will again wear my hair a different color (BLUE) during the week of Halloween (October 26th - 30th).
Download the Charitable Giving brochure for a list of approved agencies and new guidelines.
If you know of an FPCS student who has recently done something or is currently doing something noteworthy, please forward their names and a brief description of their accomplishments to me and I'll do my best to get a media release and share their success stories with our greater school community.
- October 2-3: Enrichment Field Trip: Sealife Center, Seward (contact: Aimee Sims)
- October 6 : National Honor Society meeting at 5pm at Kaladi Bro. on Brayton Dr.
- October 6 or 7 : Math SBS meeting (6th @ Muldoon, 7th @ Abbott Loop)
- October 6 or 7 : E/LA SBS meeting (6th @ Northern Lights, 7th @ Muldoon)
- October 7 - 9 : NWEA Fusion (OR): Deanne, Happy, Valerie, Lynnetta, & Kjerstin
- October 7 or 8 : Data SBS meeting
- October 8 : Student Advisory Board (SAB) @ KCC 8:15 -10:00 a.m.
- October 12 : APC Board Meeting @ FPCS Office 6:30 - ?
- October 15 : All Teacher Goal Setting/SGO meetings must be done by today.
- October 16 : 1st quarter grades due in OLS for 7th, 8th graders, & H.S. Athletes
- October 23 : Teacher Inservice @ FPCS Office - 9:00 - 4:00
[Deadlines in BOLD | Student Activities UNDERLINED]