Girl Scout Troop 2219
ENCAMPMENT is coming!
DON'T FORGET YOUR SWAPS!
Swaps are still the perfect way for Girl Scouts to meet each other and promote friendship. Each one is a memory of a special event or Girl Scout Sister. This year, it will be a memory about ENCAMPMENT! Girls will be trading their SWAPS with other Girl Scouts at Encampment. Please make sure she remembers to bring her SWAPS!
ENCAMPMENT Drop-Off & Pick-Up
Saturday, May 2nd, 2:30pm to Sunday, May 3rd, 4:30pm
97 Columbia Drive
1. MEET: We will meet at the Marina Parking area at 2:30 P.M to depart by 3:00 P.M. Given we have 18 girls coming, there is not enough parking at the playground to accommodate our group.
2. CARPOOL: Your daughter will join her chaperone for her assigned carpool. Due to limited time and safety in the parking lot, there will not be time for girls to run around the lot.
3. PROBLEMS: If you have any trouble on the day of, simply text me at 727-656-9438.
4. PICK-UP: We plan to leave camp Wildwood at 3:30 and hope to be back at the Marina between 4:30-5:00. We will send a group text to keep you aware of our arrival time.
Camp WILDWOOD Details
Theme: Mathletes & Athletes
Camp Wildwood in Wildwood is about 75 miles northeast of Tampa and 25 miles south of Ocala. Wildwood offers 589 acres of Florida land and the campgrounds include an array of activities and amenties, from swimming in a Junior Olympic sized pool to bicycling over to the Griffin Nature Center! Campers stay in cabins and dormitory style buildings. We will find out about our sleeping quarters at encampment.
Updated Camp List
UPDATES to the Camp List: Small Daypack, Whistle, Bug Spray, Raincoat, plastic bag (for wet clothes), & change of clothes.
Also...Sleeping bag, small plastic cup (no water bottles) with handle to clip to shorts, flashlight, one backpack for clothes, pillow, toiletries, bandana and hair ties, sneakers (only), sunscreen, SWAPS, and SWAPS Hat for pinning. NO electronics!
**Girls must have all items stored in their backpacks and be able to carry their other items in hand (pillow, sleeping bag, etc.). Leaders will not be able to assist 18 girls with carrying items.
***Girls will not shower at encampment. Plan to send some toiletry wipes if you feel that is necessary.
"Picnic at the Beach with Turtles" SAVE-the-Date!
Kids Will Be Kids. The girls voted on having a "picnic at the beach with turtles" as their FINAL FUN field trip for the year! Where did they get this from?? I love that they come up with these ideas!
THIS IS A FAMILY TRIP!
We have booked Saturday, May 16th at 1 P.M for a "Turtle Hospital" Girl Scout program at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium! PLAN for an earlier trip so girls can visit the aquarium (maybe 11ish?). Girls will have the opportunity to see the animals at the aquarium, then earn a Girl Scout patch from attending the Turtle program, and have fun--along with their families! We can head to the beach to have some fun afterwards. I know it's a busy time of the year, but it's all for the girls--to reward them for their hard work and dedication to scouting this year! Cost will be approximately $8 for additional family members to attend. Troop funds will cover all Girl Scouts. Invitation to follow.
Celebration & Rewards Update
Mark your calendars
*Our monthly meetings are always held the 3rd Thursday of each month, unless otherwise noted.
- May 2nd-May 3rd: Encampment
- May 16: Clearwater Marine Aquarium & Beach Field Trip
- May 21: Troop Meeting