W. H. ADAMSON FEEDER PATTERN
"All Together Adamson--Excellence In Action"
The Week of May 4, 2015
ADAMSON FEEDER PATTERN ACTION PLAN
KUDOS TO YOU!
KUDOS to the students in Kindergarten at PEELER for attending a field trip to Klyde Warren Park hosted by the Dallas Rotary Club last week where Mayor Rawlins read to PEELER students! This event with the Mayor was showcased on Chanel 5! GO TEAM PEELER!
TEAM REAGAN celebrated "Idiom Day" on Friday. What a great way to support our ELL students! Go Team Reagan!
KUDOS to Adamson HS & Reagan ES for representing in the Cinco de Mayo Parade in Oak Cliff on Saturday.
WANT TO BE FEATURED IN THE WEEKLY KUDOS? Forward the great things that are happening in your schools to Ms. Hill via email.
CLIMATE SURVEY PROGRESS
A Note From Your Executive Director...
Welcome to MAKE THE MOST OF MAY! We are in our last weeks of school and the time is now to ensure that our students FINISH STRONG! As you think about your expectations this month, consider the following analogy:
The date is Friday, May 15. All of a sudden you've come down with what seems to be a cold, but you can't be sure. You know that the place to get what you need is the doctor's office. You make your appointment and arrive promptly at your 8:00 AM appointment time only to realize that the doctor is running late. You wait on her to arrive as your symptoms go untreated. When you finally meet with the doctor, she asks you a few questions and then reports to you that because it's Friday, almost summer break time, and that she's worked hard all year that she isn't really going to work as hard now to provide you with the care that you need (and deserve). She tells you to just go home and let her know if you don't feel better. You pay your $50 co-pay and leave.
How would you feel? My guess is that you would be offended and that you expected more from the EXPERT that you went to see about your ailment. You would probably also feel as though the doctor wasted your time and that she didn't do her job at all.
Now, let's connect this scenario to the classroom and your campuses. I know that your expectations are high and that YOU would be disappointed if a teacher behaved in this manner toward a student. It happens though. My challenge to you is to keep your staff motivated and inspired to the end as they are the EXPERTS who know what our students need. Remember-it's OUR JOB to provide our students with high quality instruction EACH DAY WE ARE AT WORK. Insist on great teacher attendance and good quality instruction! ALL TOGETHER ADAMSON!
Here's to another great week of teaching and learning!
THIS WEEK AT-A-GLANCE
Happy Teacher & Teacher Assistant Appreciation Week!
Monday, May 4, 2015
- Campus Visits AM & PM
- ITBS/LOGRAMOS TESTING WEEK for Bowie, Reagan, Hogg, Peeler
Tuesday, May 5, 2015
- Campus Visits AM & PM
- Adamson HS STAAR EOC--Algebra I
- Gilliam CA STAAR EOC--Algebra I & US History
Wednesday, May 6, 2015--Happy School Nurse Day!
- Adamson HS STAAR EOC--Biology
- Division 5 Leadership Meeting 9:00 AM @ Haskell (Ms. Hill)
- Principal Focus Group 4:00 @ Haskell
Thursday, May 7, 2015
- Campus Visits AM & PM
- Adamson HS STAAR EOC--US History
- Gilliam CA STAAR EOC--Biology
- DTR Recruitment Fair @ Adamson HS 5:00-8:00 PM
Friday,May 8, 2015
- Elementary Data Meeting--Please see email concerning this meeting
- Literacy Plan Development Meeting 1:00-3:30 @ Haskell (Hill)
Saturday, May 9, 2015
- Dallas ISD Job Fair @ Conrad 9-12
- U GOT THIS College Experience @ SMU 10:00-4:00 (Adamson & Gilliam Students)
- Adamson HS & Giliam CA Prom Night! Be safe & Have Fun!
STAND ALONE SUMMER PROGRAM UPDATE--REMINDER
Student Success Initiative Procedures for 5th & 8th Grades
UPCOMING REMINDERS & DUE DATES AT-A-GLANCE
May 1-22--ISIP (EOY) Grades K-2/SRI (EOY) Grades 9-12
May 11-22--ACP Performance Tests Grades K-5
May 12--STAAR READING RETEST for 5th & 8th Grades
May 13--Office Managers' Training
May 14-AF Training
May 14--Cedar Valley Associate Degree Graduation! Congratulations Gilliam Students!
May 18-22--National Educational Bosses' Week!
May 21--ADAMSON FEEDER TEACHER FOCUS GROUP @ GARCIA MS--DATE CHANGE
May 22--FEEDER MEETING DATE CHANGE--We will meet at Peeler today
May 26--Community Meeting @ Adamson HS 6:00-7:30 PM
May 18-29--ACP Performance Tests Grades 6-12
May 20--Principal's Meeting
May 25--Memorial Day Holiday
May 30--Dallas ISD Job Fair & DEADLINE FOR ZERO VACANCIES!
June 5--Adamson HS Graduation 6:00 PM @ Jesse Owens
June 6--Gilliam CA Gradutation 7:00 @ Kincade Stadium
June 17--District-wide Principal Meeting
June 18--Adamson Feeder Pattern Retreat
OUR FAMILY OF FEEDER SCHOOLS
- James Bowie Elementary, Principal Noelle Wilson
- Felix G. Botello Elementary, Principal Reyna Sotelo
- James Hogg Elementary, Principal Jairo Casco
- John F. Peeler, Principal Sofia Villarreal
- John Reagan Elementary, Principal Ruby Ramirez
- Hector P. Garica Middle School, Principal Gary Auld
- Kathryn Joy GilliamCollegiate Academy, Principal Tamara Francis
- W.H. Adamson High School, Principal Jaine Ortega