Byron USD Monthly Newsletter
Dear BUSD Families,
I hope you are all having a wonderful start to the month of February. The start of the 2022 year has already posed many challenges and I want to thank all of our school community for their understanding as we continue to move forward and navigate through the pandemic.
Please know that BUSD's top priority is to keep our schools open and safe. This is possible through multiple mitigation strategies such as the availability of KN95 masks for all, increased testing availability, and the cooperation from our families.
There is sunshine and bright days ahead! We truly appreciate the relentless work of our students, staff, and families.
With BUSD pride,
Reyes Gauna, Ed.D., Superintendent
"The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true education." - Martin Luther King Jr.
- February 8, 2022 - Climate Committee Meeting
- February 9, 2022 - Finance Committee Meeting
- February 10, 2022 - Regular Board Meeting
- February 18, 2022 - NO SCHOOL (Lincoln's Birthday)
- February 21, 2022 - NO SCHOOL (President's Day)
- February 24, 2022 - Regular Board Meeting
To access the Student Calendar for the 2021-2022 school year CLICK HERE.
To access the 2022 Board Meeting calendar CLICK HERE
Black History Month was created to focus attention on the contributions of African Americans to the United States. It honors all Black people from all periods of U.S. history.
The theme for 2022 focuses on the importance of Black Health and Wellness. This theme acknowledges the legacy of not only Black scholars and medical practitioners in Western medicine, but also other ways of knowing throughout the African Diaspora. The 2022 theme considers activities, rituals and initiatives that Black communities have done to be well.
Celebrate school counseling by taking part in the 2022 National School Counseling Week photo challenge. Simply download each day's sign, write in your response and then take a picture with it to post to your social media channels. Be sure to tag ASCA and #NSCW22.
- Monday, Feb. 7: School counselors and other school-based mental health professionals are better together because ...
- Tuesday, Feb. 8: School counselors and administrators are better together because…
- Wednesday, Feb. 9: School counselors and teachers are better together because…
- Thursday, Feb. 10: School counselors and the community are better together because…
- Friday, Feb. 11: School counselors are better together because…
We would like to give a huge shout out to wonderful Counselors Jill Sprenkel and Emily Saviano!!
TK/Kindergarten 2022-2023 Registration
Discovery Bay Elementary & Timber Point Elementary
Enrollment packets for 22/23 Transitional Kindergarten & Kindergarten will be available in the school offices. Registration days to return the packets will be by appointment only on March 2nd. Information on how to schedule an appointment is in the packet.
- Kindergarten- student MUST turn 5 on or before September 1st
- Transitional Kindergarten- student MUST turn 5 between September 2nd and February 2nd
- Transitional Kindergarteners for the district will enroll at Timber Point Elementary
CHOOSE LOVE MOVEMENT
The Choose Love Formula™ is based on the profound result of practicing the character values inherent in “Nurturing Healing Love,” which are:
Courage + Gratitude + Forgiveness + Compassion in Action.
These four character values are easy to learn. When practiced, they strengthen the health and resilience of individuals, improve the community and culture of groups and promote a safer, more peaceful and loving world.
The benefits of teaching SEL in schools are significant; the addition of neuroscience, positive psychology and character education delivered by the no cost Choose Love For Schools™ program has a positive impact in overall school culture and the students’ and educators’ and school staffs’ lives outside of school, too.
!! PLEASE NOTE THAT COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT AND VERIFICATION FOR STUDENTS 5 AND ABOVE WILL NOT BE REQUIRED UNITL JULY 2022. FURTHERMORE, WE ARE AWAITING MORE INFORMATION REGARDING EXEMPTIONS AND WILL COMMUNICATE INFORMATION AS IT BECOMES AVAILABLE TO US. !!
- CCHS COVID-19 K-12 Schools Grid
- Isolation/Quarantine Calendar Counting Guide
- CA Safe Schools for All Hub
- UPDATED FAQs from CDPH
- COVID-19 Vaccine Locations in Contra Costa County
- CCHS Vaccine for Kids Handout
- Primary.Health COVID-19 Testing Registration Link
To access Byron Union School Districts COVID-19 Page, please click here .
BUSD Employment Opportunities
Are you interested in working for The Byron Union School District?
If you’ve ever considered a job working with the school district, there is no better time than now!
The Byron Union School District has the following opportunities available for employment opportunities:
- Substitute Classroom Teacher
- Speech and Language Pathologist
- Intervention Teacher
- Part time Elementary Music Teacher
- Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Chief Business Official
- Occupational Therapist
- 2021-2022 Instructional Aide
- 6th & 7th Grade Girls Volleyball Coach
- SAI K-2 Instructional Aide @ Discovery Bay Elementary
- Part-Time Gardener
- Substitute Special Education/Paraprofessional
- Substitute Custodian
- Substitute Food Service Assistant
If you have any questions, please reach out to the Human Resources Department at (925) 809-7502 or (925) 809-7504
To see all job opening please visit EDJOIN.ORG !