From Hamilton To Home
It is hard to believe that we are almost finished with the third quarter. The year has flown by. The students at Hamilton have made so much progress since the beginning of the year. We have plenty of school year left so please be sure to check-in with your child daily on what they are working on in school and how you can help support them at home.
Be sure to review with your child what the "3 B's" are. At Hamilton, we expect our students to Be Respectful, Be Responsible and Be Ready To Learn each and every day. Students should be able to explain to you what each of the "3 B's" look like.
This month, we will have a lot going on as third and fourth grade students prepare to take the Ohio State Tests in reading and math. It is important that your child attend school, on time, each and every day as the skills they learn each day will lead into the next day. Be sure to scroll down to see all of the March happenings at Hamilton and beyond. Information shared includes Hamilton PTO McDonald's Night, Pepperoni Roll fundraiser, Little League sign-up information, 4-H informational meeting, Marco's Pizza Night information, Ohio state testing schedules and more!
At the time of publication of this newsletter, we are still having issues with parents dropping off and picking up their child on 13th St:
- ALL CAR RIDERS MUST BE DROPPED OFF AT THE MAIN ENTRANCE WHICH IS THE DRIVEWAY OFF OF 12TH ST. AND MIDDLE AVE. ALL CARS MUST ENTER OFF OF 12TH. ST COMING FROM WEST AVE AND TURN RIGHT INTO THE HAMILTON DRIVEWAY. CARS ARE NOT TO TURN LEFT INTO THE HAMILTON DRIVEWAY OFF OF 12TH ST.
As always, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the main office at 440-284-8007.
YOUR FEEDBACK MATTERS!!!!!
This year one of the things our building has been focusing on is helping kids to learn the behaviors we want to see using PBIS. PBIS stands for positive behavior interventions and supports. We have been using PAX, teaching behaviors clearly, and making the most of fun feedback programs like our “Ham Fam Bucks”, to make an impact on student behavior. We are missing something important though… your feedback.
Below we are linking a survey that is used nationally to get feedback on how schools are using positive behavior interventions to support students. For each question there will be a section asking if you think the item is “In Place, Partially in Place, or Not in Place” in our school. The next section will repeat, but will ask how important this is to you. Do you think it is a “High Priority, Medium Priority, or a Low Priority.”
You may not have an answer for each question and that is OK. Any feedback is greatly appreciated and will help us to make Hamilton the best place it can be. Please click the button 👇 to complete survey.
NOTES FROM THE NURSE
March is National Nutrition Month. Nutrition.gov has resources for all ages to help make healthier food choices and maintain an active lifestyle. Check out the Life Cycle section that has age-specific information from during pregnancy to older adults. They give tips on picky eaters, building healthy mealtime habits, and interactive websites and games that children can play to learn about nutrition, physical activity, and food safety. You can access the Life Cycle section here: https://www.nutrition.gov/topics/nutrition-life-stage
PEPPERONI ROLL FUNDRAISER SEASON!!!!!!
Our annual pepperoni roll fundraiser is set to begin on March 1st. Order forms have been sent home with students. If you need more order forms, please call the main office at 440-284-8007.
HAMILTON PTO McDONALD'S NIGHT
Be sure to head down to the Downtown Elyria McDonald's on Thursday, March 2nd from 4:00 P.M. - 7:00 P.M. to support our students as the help raise funds!! Hamilton students will be working the drive thru and front counter!!! A portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Hamilton PTO. See you there!!!!
- Pepperoni Roll Fundraiser Begins
- Hamilton PTO McDonald's Night at Downtown Elyria McDonald's
- Pre-K/Kindergarten Registration Event at Ely Elementary at 9:30 A.M.
- Hamilton Marco's Pizza Night
- Blended Learning Day-Students Learn From Home
- Education Rocks Music Program for Grades K, 2 and 4 at EHS PAC at 7:00 P.M.
- End of the third grading period
- Pepperoni Roll Money and Order Forms Due
- Records Day-No School for Students
- 3rd grade Reading State Test Part 1
- 4th grade Reading State Test Part 1
- 3rd grade Reading State Test Part 2
- Pepperoni Roll Delivery
- 4th grade Reading State Test Part 2
HAMILTON MARCO'S PIZZA NIGHT
With your help and appetite, we can raise funds for Hamilton by sponsoring a competition to win a FREE PIZZA PARTY for your child's classroom. Order a Marco’s pizza on March 9th and make sure to tell the person taking the order your child's teacher’s name.
The classroom that gets the most orders on that day will win a FREE pizza party. Marco’s will also donate a portion of the sales generated by the school back to the school. Unable to purchase a pizza on March 9th? That is ok!!!! You can still help us out by sharing our Facebook post and sharing the event with your friends and family!!!!
PROPER CAR RIDER DROP OFF/PICK UP PROCEDURES
PLEASE DO NOT DROP OFF/PICK UP STUDENTS ON 13TH ST. THIS IS A SAFETY MATTER AND WE MUST HAVE PARENTS' COOPERATION!!
- All cars must enter the driveway off of 12th St. off of West Ave and not Middle Ave. and drop off the student so they exit onto the main entrance sidewalk. This is done so car riders do not have to enter the driveway and cross in front of moving traffic.
- Once the student is dropped off, the car will continue to Middle Ave. and exit right onto Middle Ave.
- Doors open at 8:55 A.M. so please keep your child in your car until then.
- All cars must enter the driveway off of 12th St. off of West Ave and not Middle Ave.
- Cars will need to display their blue number card on the dashboard so the staff can see the number. If you need a number, you will register with staff member at the 12th St. driveway entrance or call the main office at 440-284-8007.
- The individual who is picking up the student MUST be listed on the Contact List in PowerSchool so please make sure all of the information is up to date. Proper identification will be required for student pick-up.
- Once the number is received, the number will be communicated with the staff inside the building and the student will exit the building. PLEASE DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR CAR.
- Staff will escort the student to their car so they enter the vehicle from the main entrance sidewalk. This is done so car riders do not have to cross in front of moving traffic to enter a vehicle.
- The staff member will open and close the car door. Staff will not be responsible for buckling students into car seats or securing seat belts on students.
- There will be a line so please be patient. PLEASE DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR CAR OR PARK AND WALK UP TO THE DISMISSAL AREA. Anyone who walks up and asks for their child will be redirected to the 13th St. walker exit.
- If you do not want to wait in the long line, it may be best to arrive between 3:10-3:15 P.M. The line moves fast once the process is followed.
Car riders are NOT permitted to be dropped off on 13th St. for arrival and/or dismissal to cross through traffic and the buses, or on Middle Avenue! This is a safety matter and we must have parents’ cooperation.
Be sure to review the "3 B's" with your child. These are discussed each and every day.