RMS Weekly Event Calendar
October 9 - October 13
What's going on at RMS?
It is so exciting to see our students participating in our events at Russellville Middle School. Several students in Mrs. Smith's classroom wore blue last week in support of anti-bullying awareness month. It is also great to see our teachers and staff participate in our school activities. As you can see from the picture above, our 6th grade teachers participated in our Cowboy dress-up day as we celebrated Attendance Awareness Month.
Teachers who support their students by participating in events and school activities send a message. They let students know that they are important. To successfully teach students, we must be able to reach them, which has a great deal to do with our ability to connect with them. When you show interest in what students are doing by participating in events, attending their games, concerts, etc. they know you care. When students know you care, they are much more willing to invest themselves in the learning process.
Thank you for you willingness to participate in the events at RMS!
RMS Mentoring Schedule
Monday - 6 word Memoirs
Tuesday - Modern Day Superheroes
Wednesday - Haiku
Thursday - Share Your Story
Parent Involvement Month
This Week at a Glance
Monday, October 9
- No Known Activities
Tuesday, October 10
- Book Study - Room 125 - Please plan to attend during your scheduled instructional period.
- RMS Football vs. Colbert Co. - Away - 5:30 p.m.
Wednesday, October 11
- Student Support Team Meeting - Room 125 - Core academic teachers plan to come during your instructional period.
- SADD Meeting - Cafeteria - The SADD meetings will take place during students' mentoring period.
- Faculty Meeting - RMS Media Center - Immediately after school
Thursday, October 12
- Report Cards - Report cards will be given to students during 7th period.
Friday, October 13
- Fall Break - No School!
- RHS Football vs. Brooks High School - Home - 7:00 p.m.