January 12, 2023
Important Upcoming Events
- Monday, January 16th - No School - MLK Day
- Tuesday, January 17th - Friday, January 20th - No Name Calling Spirit Week
- Wednesday, January 25th - KONA Ice during Advisory
- Thursday, January 26th - Incoming Freshmen Family Orientation
- Wednesday, February 1st - E Learning Day
- Monday, February 20th - No School - Presidents' Day
- Tuesday, March 7th - E Learning Day
- Monday, March 27th - Friday, March 31st - No School - Spring Break
For other information dates, please visit our website at https://taft.cps.k12.in.us/parents-students/calendar-menus
E-Learning Day - 2.1.23
The e-learning day will be asynchronous. Teachers will post the agenda in Buzz for students by 7:30am. Activities will be assigned to review or practice previously taught content, continue work and development of on-going projects or assignments, or introduce new content with supporting activities that are achievable by the student independently.
Middle of the Year - NWEA Testing
Taft will administer NWEA on the date(s) below:
- Math - Week of January 9th
- ELA - Week of January 16th
- Make-ups - Week of January 23rd
Incoming Freshman Family Orientation
On Thursday January 26th Crown Point High School will be hosting an orientation night for the families of incoming freshmen students. This orientation is open to parents, guardians, and current 8th grade students. Parents and guardians are invited to join in the CPHS auditorium for informational presentations. Students are invited to meet in the CPHS cafeteria where they will meet with upper-classmen student-leaders who will take the incoming freshmen on a tour of the high school. Afterwards, there is a chance for parents and students to meet with high school counselors and department chairs.
A timeline for this event is provided below:
- 5:30pm: Optional presentation on Advanced Placement and Dual Credit
- This is an optional presentation for any families interested in learning more about Advanced Placement and Dual Credit classes. This presentation will take place in the CPHS auditorium. Students may attend this presentation with their parents.
- 6:00pm: Parent Presentation
- Parents and guardians meet in the CPHS Auditorium for a presentation on the transition from middle school to high school. This presentation will have a particular focus on the scheduling process.
- 6:00pm: Student Tours
- Students meet in the cafeteria. Upper-classmen student-leaders will take the incoming freshmen on a tour of the high school. This is also a time for students to ask questions about high school and the classes they can take as a freshman.
- 6:30pm: Parents & Students Meet with Counselors and Dept. Charis
- Parents and students reunite in the CPHS cafeteria at 6:30pm
- There will be an opportunity to meet high school counselors
- There will also be an opportunity to meet department chairs from every department at the high school.
- 7:00pm: Event ends
CPCSC Job Opportunities
No Name Calling Week
Send cash in an envelope with student’s name on it.
Households can prepay on line their student accounts by visiting mymealtime.com.
Parents can also send in a check for any amount of meals desired.
We appreciate your help with this. If you have questions, please reach out to Kim Oostman (219-663-1507 ext. 12603)
Results for 8th grade students who took the PSAT are in. Please visit K–12 score reporting portal.
- Encourage your students to create a College Board account so they can easily access their scores online and unlock a robust set of personalized resources to help them understand their scores
- Students will be seamlessly connected to other College Board opportunities, Official SAT® Practice on Khan Academy®, college readiness resources, and scholarships.
- Students who are 13 and over who provided their email address on their PSAT 8/9 answer sheets will receive an email reminder to view their September–October PSAT 8/9 scores online.
If you have any questions, please contact College Board at 888-477-7728.
Did you know that you can adjust the notification settings in ParentSquare? Simply log in to your account on your computer's web browser or the ParentSquare app. Click on "My Account" and "Notifications". More instructions are available on the ParentSquare website.
ParentSquare syncs with RDS for parent contact information. Be sure you keep your RDS information current so you never miss a message!
Cell Phones / Earbuds
The federal program that provided free breakfast and lunch for all students has ended. If you need meal assistance OR textbook assistance, you must complete a free/reduced application at www.cps.k12.in.us/food.
The cost for a full lunch this year is $2.65. Various items can also be purchased ala carte. Breakfast costs $1.50. The school menu is highlighted below and is subject to change.
Taft Middle School
Kyle Hanaway, Assistant Principal ext. 12002
Jennifer Grill, Assistant Principal ext. 12004