Room 104 News: Issue 22
May 6, 2016
Checking out the lovely spring flowers on our community walk this week.
This week in 104
The Music Monday assembly was a great success. It was wonderful to hear the whole school sing together and we also got to watch as some of the older students performed on the keyboards for us. Thanks go to Mr. M. for the wonderful music program at Joyce.
Congratulations to Sean and Daniel for receiving the awards for Co-operation at this week's Character Education assembly. The trait we are focusing on for May is INTEGRITY, that means doing the right thing even when no one is looking.
Today we had a wonderful day focusing on positive mental health. The students were in mixed grade groups and participated in 6 different activities. Ask them to tell you about the activities and which ones they enjoyed the most.
Happy Mother's Day to all. Have a wonderful weekend.
Information and Reminders!
- We WILL NOT change Library books this coming week. Please keep your books and enjoy reading them together. A few families have NOT returned their books for a long time. If this is you please spend some time looking for the book this weekend so we can get you back on track. READING IS FUN!!!
- Hats & Reusable Water Bottles: Now that the warm weather is back we will be spending more time outside for physical activity, nature study and free play. Please ensure your child brings a hat that protects them from the sun and a reusable water bottle to use throughout the day. Juice boxes are not recommended. They are usually too much for the children to finish and can’t be resealed.
- Thank you to the students that are remembering to bring their mailbags back to school every day. We never know when we will have notes etc. to send home so please make sure the bag is sent in EVERY day.
- Poetry Folders come home every Friday, please have fun reading the poems/songs together. Make sure the folders come back to school in the mailbag on Monday so we can add the new page.
- REMINDER: we go outside every day so please make sure your child has clothes suitable for the weather at school every day.
- Many of the children have the same or very similar clothing and they do not always know which items belong to them. This is taking up a lot of our time and causing some upset feelings. Please, please help us out by making sure that all removable clothing has your child's name written on the inside label. Thank you.
Dates to Remember
Wednesday, May 11th: Spring Concert 6:30pm (Kindergarten students will be performing 2 songs)
Wednesday, May 11th: Last day for pizza orders
Friday, May 13th: Pizza lunch
Friday, May 13th: Scholastic orders due
Monday, May 23rd: Victoria Day - No School
Special Helpers for May
Special Helpers for this week are:
Monday, May 9th: Luxson
Tuesday, May 10th: Cindy and Elise
Wednesday, May 11th: George
Thursday, May 12th: Emma (Happy Birthday Emma)
Friday, May 13th: Thamiran
Toronto Public Library has a wonderful website for children, called Kids space. Follow the link below to a site where you can read stories, listen to stories or even write your own. You will also find other games and fun activities to do.http://www.torontopubliclibrary.ca/kidsspace/
Please do not forward this email to others!
If you wish to unsubscribe from the list, please email me.