2018-2019 Parent Newsletter
February 8, 2019 - Issue #22
BOOTS AND BLING TONIGHT FROM 6:00-8:00 PM!!
Front Drive Reminders
Please also note that it is illegal to park in the red fire zone in the front drive. If you park there, you will be asked to move your vehicle.
Thank you so much for helping to keep students and visitors safe during morning drop-off.
UIL Awards Ceremony
Valentine's Day Parties are Thursday, February 14th
Here are the times for grade level parties:
- PPCD: 9:15-10:00
- PK: 1:45
- Kindergarten: 2:00
- First Grade: 1:30
- Second Grade: 1:50
- Third Grade: 1:15
Please remember to check with your child's teacher regarding any food allergies in the classroom if you signed up to provide food for the party. If you plan on attending your child's party, please allow extra time to find a parking spot and sign in through the front office.
Read Across America Week 2019
- PPCD/PK: Green Eggs and Ham
- Kindergarten: Cat in The Hat
- First Grade: One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
- Second Grade: The Lorax
- Third Grade: Oh! The Places You'll Go
- Office: Fox in Socks
Students and teachers are invited to dress up each day of the week. Here are the daily themes for Read Across America Week:
- Monday, February 25th: One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish - wear red/blue
- Tuesday, February 26th: Fox in Socks - wear crazy socks
- Wednesday, February 27th: Oh The Places You'll Go (wear your favorite college shirt or favorite destination shirt)
- Thursday, February 28th: Green Eggs and Ham - wear green
- Friday, March 1st: Funky Friday (wear mismatched clothes - please no hats or crazy hair)
First graders are using the new interactive smart board to practice math facts.
Another example of students showing acts of kindness...helping a friend on the iPad.
Pre-K is playing "Sorry" to practice counting skills and one-to-one correspondence.
Have you purchased the yearbook yet? If not, don't wait...order a copy today! Here's how to order:
13030119 or Lago Vista
if you have any issues or can’t place an order online.
Thank you for your support in Yearbook!
Don't forget to email any pictures of events to be used in the yearbook. You can email pictures to email@example.com
Lost and Found
- Tuesday, February 12th: Christian Culver
- Wednesday, February 13th: Jeremy Withrow
If you are interested in signing up to be a Watch DOG, please contact Ms. Howard (firstname.lastname@example.org) to check available dates.
The extra two days off last week, has brought our attendance back up to 94%. Keep staying healthy Vikings and let's meet our goal of 97% next week!
Attendance for the week of 2/7/2019: 94%
Grade Level Attendance:
EE: 100% - Awesome job of having perfect attendance!
1st Grade: 95%
2nd Grade: 92%
3rd Grade: 94%
Even though there are still cases of flu going around, don't forget there are still other illnesses that might need a doctor's attention.
Click here for the full article.
¿Cuándo un dolor de garganta es una infección más grave?
COLLEGE DAY IS EVERY WEDNESDAY...WEAR YOUR FAVORITE COLLEGE SHIRT!
Character Trait of The Month...
- Play by the rules;
- Take turns and share;
- Be open-minded and listen to others;
- Don't take advantage of others;
- Don't blame others carelessly;
- Treat all people fairly.
Students will learn more about this month's character trait in weekly Guidance lessons.
Hello LVES Families! I want to thank all of you whose children participated in our Great Kindness Challenge! I have received so many completed Acts of Kindness Checklists, and a lot of positive feedback from teachers and parents about this Project Vinátta activity! I am still working on filling out all of the Character Award certificates, so if your child turned in a checklist and has not yet received their award and gift certificate to Mighty Fine, don’t worry, it will be delivered to them or their teacher soon! I really appreciate everyone’s support with this school-wide kindness initiative!
The character trait we are learning about during our guidance lessons in February is Fairness. Fairness means practicing justice, equity, and equality, cooperating with one another, and recognizing the uniqueness and value of each other. Students will be understanding ways to show fairness by playing by the rules, taking turns, sharing, being open-minded, not blaming others, and treating all people fairly.
“Live so that when your children think of fairness, caring, and integrity, they think of you.”~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
Hola familias de LVES!
¡Quiero agradecerles a todos ustedes cuyos niños participaron en nuestro Reto de la Gran Amabilidad! ¡He recibido tantas listas de verificación de actos de bondad completas y muchos comentarios positivos de maestros y padres sobre esta actividad del Proyecto Vinátta! Todavía estoy trabajando para completar todos los certificados del Premio al Carácter, por lo que si su hijo entregó una lista de verificación y aún no ha recibido el premio y el certificado de regalo de Mighty Fine, no se preocupe, se lo entregaremos a ellos o a su maestro. ¡pronto! ¡Realmente aprecio el apoyo de todos con esta iniciativa de amabilidad en toda la escuela!
El rasgo de carácter que estamos aprendiendo durante nuestras lecciones de orientación en febrero es la imparcialidad. Equidad significa practicar justicia, equidad e igualdad, cooperar unos con otros y reconocer la singularidad y el valor de los demás. Los estudiantes comprenderán formas de mostrar justicia al cumplir las reglas, tomar turnos, compartir, tener una mentalidad abierta, no culpar a los demás y tratar a todas las personas de manera justa.
“Vive para que cuando tus hijos piensen en justicia, cuidado e integridad, piensen en ti.” ~H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
LVES Office Hours
Christine Harris, Administrative Assistant
Registration and Attendance:
Veronica Fidencio, Registrar/Attendance Clerk
Student Emotional Support:
Amy Sexton, Counselor
Tara Roberts, School Nurse
Discipline and School Improvement:
Michelle Jackson, Principal
Missy Howard, Assistant Principal
Mark Your Calendars...
- February 8th: Daddy/Daughter Dance
- February 13th: UIL Awards Ceremony; 1:15 pm in Cafeteria
- February 14th: Valentine's Day Parties - times and details coming soon
- February 18th: Student Holiday
- March 6th: PTO Meeting, 5:00 pm in Library
- March 12th: 3rd Grade and LVIS Choir Spring Performance, 7:00 pm in Cafeteria
- March 14th: Touch-A-Truck Event
- March 14th: CEIC Meeting, 3:15 pm
- March 15th: End of 3rd Nine Weeks
- March 18th-22nd: Spring Break
- March 29th: Report Cards Go Home
- April 1st: 3rd Grade Math Benchmarks - limited visitors on campus
- April 2nd: 3rd Grade Reading Benchmarks - limited visitors on campus
- April 3rd: Perfect Attendance/Honor Roll Recognition during lunches
- April 4th: 2019-2020 PK/Kindergarten Round Up, 8:00 am-6:00 pm