Lincoln Crossing Colt Connection
Friday, September 1, 2017
LCES United: Together We Are More!
Mrs. Hladun's Tidings
It's been very hot this week (and probably next). Parents, please know that we have been offering an indoor recess option on our 100+ degree days at lunch and at afternoon recess. We are also monitoring the air quality and encouraging kids to stay inside if they struggle in poor weather conditions. Please send your child to school with a labeled bottle of water to help them stay hydrated and healthy.
Did you know that our school lunch program allows children to enjoy healthy options, including our daily fresh salad and fruit bar? Please be sure that if your child is enjoying hot lunch, he/she:
- tells their teacher in the morning. Each teacher takes a lunch count when they do attendance, and we base our lunch production on who says they are getting hot lunch every morning...when kids decide later that they want hot lunch, we run the risk of running low on options for our upper grades.
- has funds in their lunch account. You can send lunch money with your child to their teacher (in a marked bag), bring it to the front office, or you can add funds to their lunch account online at myschoolbucks.com.
Click here to learn more about the district's food service program, see menus, and more!
Have a lovely long weekend - we'll see you at 7:55 on Tuesday morning for another awesome week!
Fall Picture Day!
Orders placed AFTER picture day will incur a $6.00 shipping charge.
- Click: Pre-Order Pictures
- Click: Public Galleries
- Click: Lincoln Crossing
- Click: Lincoln Crossing Fall Ordering
- Use code LCPRE to waive the shipping cost if you order before 9/7
Print an Order Form Today: http://campuscolorstudios.com/print-an-order-form
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (916) 749-1026.
Ear Buds & Headphones
In order to promote good hygiene and comfort, please consider sending your child with a pair of headphones or earbuds in a baggy with his/her name on it. Your child can keep their pair in their own desk to use when needed.
Here are a few options available on Amazon (hello free shipping for Prime Members!):
School Site Council (SSC) & English Learner Advisory Council (ELAC)
- Monday, 9/4: No School (Labor Day)
- Thursday, 9/7: Fall Picture Day (see details above)
- Thursday, 9/7, 3-4 pm: PTC Meeting in Science Classroom; free childcare provided
- Friday, 9/8, 6-8 pm: PTC Hosted Fall Playground Night...obstacle course, snack bar benefiting 5th grade Fort Bragg trip, and the coveted parking spot raffle
- Monday, 9/11, 1-1:40 pm: Leadership Ambassador Meeting in Mrs. Adam's room
- Monday, 9/11: Early Release Day
REMEMBER: There is NO SCHOOL on Monday, 9/4 in honor of Labor Day!
Panda Express Dine Out
Thank you to our awesome PTC for helping to organize this fun evening!
Our 1st grade friends are learning the ropes of a playground favorite using super soft yarn balls!
Loved seeing the students in jerseys and uniforms. We had kiddos dressed in their football, baseball, soccer, martial arts, swimming, gym and dance gear! Way to show your spirit, Colts!
The week of Mon., 10/30-Fri., 11/3, grade 1-5 students will attend school until 12:30 pm. Kinder students will attend from 8-11:20 am each day. We will conduct parent/teacher conferences during this week.
This 5 min. video from the CA Dept. of Education describes how to read and interpret your 4th or 5th grader's report. CAASPP testing is important, but it is only one measure of progress. Please speak to your child's teacher if you have any questions.
As you work to interpret your child's CAASPP test score report, the CA Test Score Guide will give you information about the overall score, what level that score falls into, and the student’s strengths and weaknesses.
AM Kinder: 8 - 11:20 am PM Kinder: 10:20 am -1:40 pm Grades 1-5: 8:15 am - 1:40 pm (supervision provided for student pick up until 2 pm)
Click for more information about school meal pricing and breakfast and lunch menus. You can also access My School Bucks to add to your child's lunch balance and submit an online application for free/reduced meals.