A Windy Situation
-Change is in the Air!
Help the Environment!
- Unlike fossil fuels, wind energy is clean
- Renewable, because it comes from the sun
- Pollution free
- Allows us to hand down a cleaner environment to coming generations.
Help Build a Financially Stable Community!
- Provides economic growth for communities
- Provides jobs
- Provides work for local contractors
- Generates money for the city via property taxes
- Farmers can sell energy made from turbines on their land
- Low cost
- Costs continue to lower
- Since the 1980's, the price per kilowatt-hour has gone from 30 cents to 5 cents.
- Blades are made of Carbon-fiber and glass-fiber, which is common and affordable.
How Long do They Wind Turbines Last?
Each turbine lasts 20-25 years, with minimal repairs in that time.
New wind farms can be built on existing farms and ranches, allowing us to save space in the wild.
Has High Potential!
- Grown significantly in the past decade
- Wind power capacity grows by an average of 30% a year
- It accounts for 2.5% of energy produced world wide
- They come in many sizes, making them a great option for even families and small business'.
May cause death of local wildlife, ugly landscapes, continuous noise, flickering shadows as blades cover sun, death (if a natural disaster causes the turbine to fall or the blade to fly off and impale locals), and varying energy levels due to the rise and fall of wind.