Blanchard HS Band
December 2014 Newsletter
2nd Annual Mattress Fundraiser a Success!
Please check Charms to make sure that your student's account is in good financial standing. All band & guard fees must be paid in full by December 18th!
Calendar of Upcoming Events (always available on Charms!)
- December 6th, OMEA All-State 2nd round auditions @Westmoore HS
- December 11th, Winter Concert @HS Gym; 7pm
- December 13th, Pancake Breakfast with Santa (volunteers sign up on Charms)
- December 13th, Lion's Club Christmas Parade; 5pm
- December 15th, HS chair tests are due on Charms
- December 18th, end of 1st semester; all band & guard fees paid in full
- December 19th-January 2nd, Winter Break
- January 5th, 2nd semester begins
- January 19th, no school
- January 21st-24th, OMEA All-State Honor Band & State Conference
- January 27th, Band Booster meeting @HS band room; 7pm
- February 6th, Parent-Teacher conferences (directors unavailable)
- February 6th & 7th, SWOBDA All-Region Honor Band in Weatherford
Blanchard Bands Winter Concert on Thursday, December 11th
Breakfast with Santa Fundraiser on Saturday, December 13th
Spring Band Trip to Branson
All fundraisers will be used to credit student's trip accounts, so please check on Charms to see if your student has already earned money and remember that Breakfast with Santa tickets earn your student $4 each!
We need chaperones! If you'd like to sign up, contact Ms. Kauffman. The cost for chaperones and extra family members is $309 per person. We're looking forward to a great weekend to celebrate a wonderful year and hope that everyone will be able to travel with us!
HS Band Students of the Month!!
- Courtney is a junior trumpet player and a member of the Band Leadership Council. She has been practicing and has done very well at honor band auditions, making it to the second round of OMEA All-State and earning 2nd chair in the SWOBDA All-Region Concert Honor Band! The improvement she has made on her instrument is steady and impressive. We look forward to you continuing your strong leadership role as a performer. Keep up the good work, Courtney!
- Brenna is a sophomore oboe player, member of the Band Leadership Council, and also a member of the guard. It is very difficult to participate in the guard and keep up with playing your instrument because you have two things to practice and work on while everyone else has one. Brenna didn't let that stop her and has done incredibly well this year, even making second alternate for the OSSBDA All-State band! Thank you for being a great example and showing everyone that if you want to be talented and successful, a little hard work goes a long way. We are so proud of you, Brenna!
"I often think in music. I live my daydreams in music. I see my life in terms of music." ~Albert Einstein
How to get credit for your monthly newsletter grade! Due by Monday, December 15th!
Remember, newsletters are only accepted during the month of the newsletter. Once the month has passed, that newsletter can no longer be submitted.