WEEK OF AUGUST 8, 2022
Message from the Principal
We wanted to remind you that we can't wait to see all of our families at Open House this week, and then to have our students back in school one week from tomorrow!
AS A REMINDER:
- Thursday, August 11 (4-7 PM) - OPEN HOUSE
- Monday, August 15 - FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
We also wanted to remind you that our school hours have changed for 22-23!
- 7:50 AM - students may arrive on campus
- 8:15 AM - tardy bell rings and the day begins! Students who arrive after 8:15 AM will be counted as tardy and need to check-in at the front office
- 3:15 PM - dismissal begins immediately following announcements
While it always takes the first week or so of school to smooth out our bus routes at the start of a new year, you can help us ensure a smoother start by completing the 22-23 Transportation Survey linked in this newsletter. As a reminder, we need ALL families to complete this survey, whether or not you will be utilizing GLOW Bus Transportation. Thank you to the 93 families who have already done so!
The additional information included in this newsletter will help ensure a successful start to your child's 22-23 school year!
We can't wait to see you at Open House!
Kate B. Tayloe
🗓️ SAVE THE DATE 🗓️
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
Please be reminded that our school hours have changed for 22-23. Our school day will run from 8:15 AM to 3:15 PM daily.
ALL FAMILIES, - Please click the link above to let us know how your child will be transported to and from school each day.
We are preparing Chromebooks to begin distribution in the first week of school. Want to ensure that your child is ready to receiver their Chromebook at the start of the year?
We need to receive TWO things before your GLOW student can receiver their Chromebook:
- SIGN CHROMEBOOK AGREEMENT: The GLOW Chromebook Agreement must be read and signed by the parent and students. You can find the GLOW Chromebook Agreement HERE. We encourage you to read it prior to Open House, and then either print and sign the last page to turn in at Open House or sign one of the copies that will be available at Open House.
- PAY $20 DAMAGE WAIVER: You can submit cash payment for the Chromebook Damage waiver at Open House or the parents of returning students can create an account in https://www.k12paymentcenter.com/ to pay the fee online. NOTE: Newly enrolled students have not yet been uploaded into the payment system. We will let you know when online payment is available for new students.
If you have additional Chromebook questions, please email email@example.com.
Rising 7th & 12th Grade Required Immunizations
In North Carolina, children are not allowed to attend school (whether public, private, or religious) or a childcare facility, unless they have received all immunizations appropriate for their age.
While most of these immunizations occur before students enter Kindergarten there are two additional requirements that impact rising 7th and 12th grade students for the 2022-2023 school year.
RISING 7TH GRADE: Students entering 7th grade will be required to have one dose of Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis) vaccine and one dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine.
RISING 12TH GRADE: Students entering 12th grade will be required to have a booster (second) dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine if they have not already received one.
An up-to-date immunization record indicating that your student has received the required immunization is due by the first day of attendance at school. If proof of immunization is not provided within 30 calendar days after school entry, your student will not be allowed to attend school until it is provided, as required by law.
Immunization records can be dropped off at school or scanned/emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
GLOW's Uniform Requirements will be full enforced in the 22-23 school year. Students will be required to be in uniform compliance before arriving to class each day. While we know most of you have already ensured your child has the uniform pieces necessary to be in compliance with school expectations, the vendor link to order additional items can be found HERE. An additional flyer from our School Uniform Vendor can be found below.
As a reminder, GLOW Uniform requirements are outlined below and can also be found HERE:
- GLOW yellow or purple uniform polo shirt only (only exception is a GLOW shirt received from participation in a GLOW sponsored activity)
- GLOW indoor uniform jackets
- GLOW navy uniform cardigan sweater
- GLOW uniform fleece
- plain navy cardigan sweater (no logos or labels allowed that aren’t GLOW)
- plain navy crew neck (no hood) sweatshirt (no logos or labels allowed that aren’t GLOW)
- Navy or black shorts or pants (khaki colored bottoms are allowed for high school students)
- GLOW navy or black uniform shorts or pants
- GLOW plaid uniform skirt
- GLOW gray uniform skirt
- NOTE: Bottoms may not be rolled
SOCKS & TIGHTS, LEGGINGS (W/SKIRTS):
- Students can show their individual personalities through their selection of socks, tights, and leggings; HOWEVER, leggings are only to be worn under the GLOW uniform skirt, NOT as pants and fishnet stockings are NOT allowed
- Hair Accessories: headbands, bows, ribbons, and head scarves
- Available GLOW Uniform Accessories: plaid headbands, bows, or ribbons
- Belts: solid colors (black, navy, or brown) or GLOW plaid uniform belt
- NOT ALLOWED: hats or bandanas
- Closed toed and closed heel shoes (no sandals)
- NOTE: if wearing CROCS, ensure that there is a strap in the back
- GLOW uniform jacket (may be worn indoors)
- personal outerwear (coats and jackets) of choice are only acceptable to wear outdoors.
- Gym shorts or sweatpants
- GLOW uniform gym shorts or sweatpants
- GLOW uniform t-shirt
- NOTE: shorts may not be rolled