Jan. 24 Retention Project Training
For Peer-to-Peer Community College Mentoring Programs
Seating: We kindly request that you sit at a table with individuals who are not from your program/institution for the duration of the training. Thank you!
9:30 – 10AM Coffee, Fruit, and Danishes will be served
10 – 11:45 SMALL GROUP MEETINGS
Topics can include, but are not limited to:
- Why do you have a peer-to-peer program
- How partnerships were developed
- Recruiting & Training Mentors/Mentees
- Mentoring Activities
- Faculty Involvement
11:45 – 12:30PM Lunch will be provided. There will be options to suit specific dietary needs.
12:30 – 1PM
Presentation by Cyndi Shepard, Director of Compass2Campus
1PM – 1:50PM MENTOR PANEL 5 Minute Presentations from Mentors then Q & A
1:50 – 2PM BREAK
2 – 3PM SUSTAINABILITY PANEL: Utilizing Funds from Other Sources
- Dolores Haugen, Tacoma CC – Work Study slots
- Micaela Smith, Shoreline CC – Student Government funds
- Brendan Nelson, UW-Tacoma – Campus Department funds
3 – 3:15PM NEXT STEPS: WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE?
DIRECTIONS AND PARKING
1. On Thursday morning, please find the WWU Campus Services Building-(click link for Google map) to pick-up your all-day pre-paid parking pass.
2. Park in your assigned lot. Many of you may be assigned to the Viking Union Parking Lot WWU PARKING GUIDE (See Purple 6V lot).
3. Where to find us on WWU’s Campus: Please find the Viking Union Building, Room 462A. Note that you will likely enter the Viking Union Building on the 6th floor. Please go to the 4th floor. To locate the Viking Union, please refer to building #8 on WWU CAMPUS MAP
Mentoring Symposium Participants ONLY: To enjoy free parking all day on Friday, Jan, 25th, please record this parking coupon code to enter into the pay station in the gravel C lots: #61585295. After you enter this code, you will receive a display permit for your dashboard.