directly from the castles of MacNeil and Leonard
Land of READ-A-LOT
Maidens and Lords have been exploring elements of nonfiction text features this week! They have read one picture book called Apples as well as one part of the story How my Family Lives in America.Have a conversation this weekend and have your child tell you about the important features found within a nonfiction story.
Missions in Math
Soaring in Science
Our Kingdoms moved into the first science unit for the year!! Students gathered background information on rock classification as well as the rock cycle this week. This information will be handy when we begin to replicate an artifact!!
WRITING that is Worthwhile
ALL HEADS UP FOR NEXT WEEK...
- After school clubs continue next week!!
- The district webpage is being rebuilt...please see our third grade blog for newsletter information and classroom updates. Go to http://wcgrade3.blogspot.com!
- Every student should be reading every evening and documenting this time read on their monthly reading calendars that are kept in their JOB binders!
- Please consider helping the school out by selling items for the fundraiser. These fundraisers are what helps the school update gym supplies, pay for school assemblies, and buy new playgrounds!
- We have a bus evacuation drill Wednesday!
- Just a reminder that today was the end of first quarter. All AR points were due by the end of the afternoon!
- Please make sure your conference letters are returned by Monday.