Second Grade Newsletter
Mrs. Barita, Mrs. Carrasco, Mrs. Kulesza
*Monday, June 6th will be "Day 6" for Encore*
Lifework-Week of June 6-10, 2016
- Monday: Read & log, Continue working on Young Author's Day book-Due Monday, June 13th
- Tuesday: Read & log, Spelling-Rainbow Style-3 colors
- Wednesday: Read & log, Spelling-ABC order
- Thursday: Read & log, Spelling-Write each word 3 times-test tomorrow
- Weekend: Read & log
- June 7th-Award Ceremony- Families are invited to the award ceremony at 9:30a.m. A picnic lunch will follow the ceremony. Parents are welcome to stay during the picnic (as long as the weather is nice and we can be outdoors,) but food is being served to students only. Thank you for your donations of picnic items!
- June 14th-Elementary Field Day- Students should wear the special T-shirts they purchased, casual bottoms, and sneakers. If your student did not purchase a shirt, please have them wear the color assigned to our grade level: RED. We will be outdoors for several hours so please be sure to have sun protection: hats, lotion, sunglasses, etc.
- June 15th- 2nd Grade Game Day- Students are invited to bring a board game to share. No electronics please!
- June 16th-Young Authors Day- Families are invited to hear students read their stories from 1:45p.m. - 3:00p.m. Siblings are welcome to join us, but we must ask parents to please be mindful of the readers and step into the hall if siblings become noisy/distracting.
- June 17th-Last Day of School- Half Day for students-The administration hosts an end-of-year celebration for the students
Spelling Words-Test 6/10/16
All Materials Due
Our last unit in Social Studies will be Economics. Key concepts include:
- Resources (Natural, Capital, Human)
- Using money (versus bartering)
- producers and consumers
- goods and services
Our last unit in math will be Unit 10 Measurement. Key concepts include:
- Length-inches and centimeters
- Weight-ounces, pounds, grams, kilograms
- Volume-cups, pints, quarts, gallons, liters
- Telling time to the nearest 5 minutes
- Using a calendar
Barita: Library, Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE
Carrasco: Music, PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library
Kulesza: PE, Art, PLTW, PE, Library, Music