- Today many girls are named "Roxane" which was Alex The Great's wife's name.
- 1.5 million people were forced to go to war, and they left home for a while.
- The Afghan government had a hard time controlling the army because many of the soldier joined the Mujaheddin Army.
- In December 2004, Hamid Karzai became the first free president.
- Many people in Afghanistan play a game called "Buzkashi" which means "goat grabbing."
- Afghans eat on the floor and sit on colorful cushions.
- Herbs are a very important food in Afghanistan and some have mint, spices and other different flavors.
- Life is very hard in Afghanistan and kids don't have much free time, but when they do they always enjoy it.