WINTER PARK BAND Weekly Newsletter
May 24, 2021
Last Day of School
Tuesday, May 25th, 2:45pm
2100 Summerfield Road
Winter Park, FL
From Mr. Clemente
Dear Winter Park Band families,
Happy last week of the 2020-2021 school year! We made it!
Congratulations to the Band students for a great Mini Camp this past weekend! A big thank you to Mr. Brannock, Heather Ribaric, and Kim Mueller for your time and helping make our weekend a success. We're looking forward to an awesome year ahead!
This will be the penultimate newsletter of the year. Our last newsletter of the year will contain lots of information for the summer months and leading up until Band Camp in July.
Let's have a great week!
Mini-Camp - A Great Start to the Year!
2021 "Sound of the Wildcats" Show - Les Miserables
From the Band Booster President
Please keep an eye on the calendar for upcoming events. If you are interested in helping out next year, we will need help in uniforms, provisions (meals), and communications. Please contact me for more information at (firstname.lastname@example.org). We appreciate all of you!!
Have a great summer everyone! Best of luck as we approach the end of the year.
2021-2022 BAND REGISTRATION
If you missed our Band Registration Night at the beginning of May, don't worry! It is not too late to register your student for next year's Band. Please follow the steps outlined below as soon as you you are able.
Please note that Band Registration Night is different than the “course registration” done by guidance counselors in the winter, and it is for all new and returning Band students.
The following forms are included below in Step 3 and should be signed and turned in at the May 4 Registration Night:
- WPHS Bands Financial Obligations 2021/2022 (specific for “Woodwind/Brass/Percussion,” and “Color Guard/Winter Guard”)
- Emergency Treatment Authorization Card
- OCPS Model Release Form
The following forms are for informational purposes only (nothing to be turned in):
- Uniform Information 2021/2022
- Essential Equipment for the High School Musician
- What Do I Need for Marching Band?
Registration Step 1
- Complete the Band Registration Google Form
Registration Step 2
- Make the $25 Registration Payment on either the below SchoolPay.com link or by check made out to WPHS Bands.
- Make the $60 Band Camp Meals (optional) payment on the below SchoolPay.com link or by check made out to WPHS Bands.
- 2021/2022 Band Registration and Band Camp Meals SchoolPay Link
Registration Step 3
- Complete the forms in the following 2021-2022 Band Registration Forms packet that applies to your student's main instrument and return the completed and signed forms at Band Registration Night on Tuesday, May 4.
- Woodwind/Brass/Percussion Registration Packet
- Color Guard Registration Packet
Have questions? Contact Mr. Clemente at email@example.com.
Tuesday, May 25 - Last Day of School
Monday, July 19 - Thursday, July 22 - Band Camp Week 1
Monday, July 26 - Friday, July 30 - Band Camp Week 2
Unlike a full band rehearsal experience, studying with a private teacher focuses in on the student’s individual needs. Students who study privately once a week from a professional musician are usually those who excel and find Band more enjoyable. These students frequently earn positions in honor groups like All-State and All-County, and make entry into our more advanced bands like Wind Symphony and Jazz Ensemble I. Some even go on to earn college scholarships, even if they are not majoring in music!
By following the link below, you will find a list of local private teachers. This list is not exhaustive, and there may be other individuals who are not on the list. If you know a private teacher who should be added (or would like to be deleted), please contact Mr. Clemente at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FINANCES & CHARMS
At this point in the year, all past due student balances for the 2020-2021 school year should be brought up to date. Please see below for a "how-to" to check your student's account in Charms.
Past Due Band Payments:
- Band Registration Fair Share - $25.00 Due 5/5
- Fair Share Payment 1 - $25.00 Due 8/19
- Fair Share Payment 2 - $25.00 Due 9/30
- Jazz Fair Share Payment 1(if applies) - $15.00 Due 9/30
- School Instrument Semester 1 Maintenance(if applies) - $60.00 Due 9/30
- Marching Band Shoes - $30.00 Due 11/30
- Jazz Fair Share Payment 2 (if applies) - $15.00 Due 1/6/21
- School Instrument Semester 2 Maintenance (if applies) - $60.00 Due 1/6/21
- Fair Share Payment 3 - $75.00 Due 3/3
Viewing your Student's Financial Account in Charms:
There is a direct link to Charms in "Quick Links" on the band website.
- Our school code is winterparkhsband
- The Student Area Password would be a unique password that either the student or parent have set up. (If you don't know the password it can be reset by one of the band directors).
- Once you have logged into the Student Area, click on the round, red $ symbol on the top menu bar to view your student's account
- If your student has earned Band Account Credit (in the Miscellaneous Ledger) this credit can be transferred to pay for many band fees: Fair Share, School Instrument Maintenance, Registration Fees for All-State, All-County and Solo Ensemble.
Requesting a Credit Transfer to pay for Fixed Payments Due:
- Click on the "Transfer Request" tab just below the round, red $ symbol. Select the fixed payment you would like to pay for using the credit. The request is sent to the band directors and the band booster treasurer.
- SENIORS: Please check your credit balance and use it accordingly during the year. Credit for Seniors left at the end of the year can only be transferred to siblings.
2020-2021 FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS SCHEDULE
If you are having a technology issue and have not yet reached out to the school about resolution, please email Mr. Steffey at Donald.Steffey@ocps.net to set up an appointment at school for your computer to be looked at. Email should be sent as soon as you read this!
As a reminder, students are considered present in their LaunchED class if they:
- Joined the call before the tardy bell.
- Have their camera on the entire class period.
- Are able to be seen, face and instrument, in the camera view.
- Participate in class from bell to bell.
Students who do not have their camera on for the duration of class, and we have not received an email from the school stating awareness of the issue and work towards it being resolved, will be marked absent.
Thank you for your work to resolve these technology issues!
Help the Band with Amazon Smile!
Make a difference for Band students with every day purchases! Shop at smile.amazon.com/ch/27-0964817 to generate donations for Winter Park High School Band Alumni Association Inc. Once this charity is selected, always type in Smile.Amazon.com to place orders.
**NEW THIS YEAR!...To enable AmazonSmile on the Amazon mobile app:
- Open the app (sign in) and touch the three horizontal lines in the top left corner. Select "See All Programs" , then select "AmazonSmile".