made by Orlando Escobar
why did WWII start
- when world war 1 ended , Germany had to give up land and was banned from having armed forces when they were defeated in 1918.
- In 1933 the German people voted for a new leader named Adolf HItler, who led to a political party in Germany called the National Socialists or Nazis,hitler had promised to the germans that he will make his country great again, and and to quickly began to arm Germany again and to seize land from other countries, then before 5am german forces stormed the Polish frontier. Tanks and motorised troops raced into the country over ground, supported by Stuka dive bombers overhead. A total of 1.25 million Germans soldiers swept into Poland,on a Friday 1st September, 1939 the day that world war 2 start it so that's the reason that WWII started.
- WWII was a battle between two groups of countries they were call Allies and the other one was call Axis,the major Allied Powers were Britain, France, Russia, China and the United States, and the Axis powers were Germany, Italy and Japan
- During the course of WWII, the german forces had advanced through europe. then by the summer of 1941 they had invaded France, Belgium, Holland, Luxembourg, Denmark, Norway, Greece, Yugoslavia and the USSR.
- Some countries remained 'neutral' in WWII and had chose not to join either side of the war, those countries how stay neutral were Spain, Sweden and Switzerland.
- The US did not join the war until 1941, the US join the war when Japan attacked the United States Naval Base at pearl harbor in Hawaii on the 8 of December in 1941
- It's estimated that around 64 million people died during World War II, that's way more than the entire population of the United Kingdom.
Adolf Hitler was the leader of Germany when World War II started
Franklin D. Roosevelt
Franklin was the President of the United States when Pearl Harbor was attacked and when we became involved in World War II
how did WWII affected Texas
- one way that WWII affected the permanent population increased, and the urbanization and modernization of Texas were well underway. Many military installations closed at the end of the war, and some wartime boomtowns were all but abandoned. Because of World War II, the face of Texas changed forever.
- During the world war II, more than 1,500,000 military came to Texas to training, war was related industry lured farmers, small town residents and others into developing urban centers, many of the workers were women, and many were other than Caucasian. Texas quickly became more urban than rural, with a net population growth of 33 percent, and then the Great Depression faded into memory in Texas.
WHY DID I CHOSE DIS EVENT
- I chose dis event because I wanted to now the difference between World War I and World War II, and to now the what was different in that period of time,the army,technology, and weapons.
- Another reason I chose this event was because i wanted to now more about WWII, like what cause the WWII or why did the us join the WWII.
World War II: Crash Course World History #38
WHEN DID WWII END
WWII end it in september 2, in 1945
(WWII started in September 1, 1939 and ended in September 2, 1945)