Lipstick on a Pig:
PD that Brings Home the Bacon: SXSWEDU 2016
HMW Make Connections?: Mixer
Round 1: Ding!
- What do you do by day?
- And night?
- What is your super power? (It has to be super!)
Round 2: Ding!
- Who are you/what role do you play on social media?
- Who are two must follow folks in your PLN
Round 3: Ding!
- What one book has had the most profound impact on your teaching/professional practice?
- What one book do you most wish you could discuss with the author? What would you ask?
- ___________ is my go-to handbook/guide for ____________.
Why does PD still suck? : MeMe
What could PD look like?: Hexagonal Thinking
Do: Hexagonal Thinking with PD in mind
- What could/should PD look like?
- What is the biggest impediment to better PD?
- What solutions can we implement to overcome these challenges?
- Action: What can we DO (what actionable steps could we take). Write here.
Free Time Exploration
- Books & Materials Exploration
- Questions, Wonders, Epiphanies (dry erase squares)
Is it possible to over-innovate?: Thinking Routine
Culture of Thinking: Facilitated Discussions
Time Allocation - Baby Goats
Language Patterns - Alpacas (different than the large brown llama...)
Expectations - Hippo
Relationships - Donkey
Classroom Routines - Penguins & Polar Bear
Modeling - Zebra
Physical Environment - Skunk & Giraffe
Opportunities - Llama
Do: Facilitated Discussions
- Research assigned cultural force with group
- What types of questions might encourage reflection regarding this particular cultural force?
- Post your questions here
- Facilitate discussion on cultural force using your group created questions
- Time for individual reflection on cultural forces
- Where to go for more.. #8culchat
HMW design & implement better PD? : Design Thinking Scenarios
Design Thinking Scenarios
- Work with your team to design a PD session for the following scenario....