January 28, 2016
Big Week Ahead!
Next week is our annual Catholic Schools Week celebration. We take the time to celebrate our community through different events and activities. Please plan to participate in all that you can to help us have a fun and festive week. More information about the days and events can be found in this newsletter.
With the advent of cold, flu, and allergy season, please consider the following:
1) If you have any facial tissue available, please send as many boxes as you can with your child. Our supplies have been depleted already by the number of stuffy noses we've had this year.
2) DO NOT send your child to school if he/she is unable to comfortably handle their symptoms for the day. If their head hurts, nose is running, and their coughing interferes with their normal activities, they are not going to have a good day here, and they could be spreading their germs to everyone else.
3) Children must be FEVER FREE WITHOUT THE USE OF FEVER REDUCERS for 24 hours before returning to school - this is for their well-being as well as their classmates'.
4) If your child has been sent home from school due to illness, please discuss with the front office whether or not he/she is ready to come back the next day before sending your child to school.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping keep our environment healthy.
If there is anything we can do for you, please let us know!
Catholic Schools Week 2016
Sunday - January 31st
We Celebrate our Parish
Come with your students dressed in school uniform to the 9am Mass at Our Mother of Mercy Catholic School.
Join us for breakfast and open house at the school from 10:30am-12noon.
Invite friends and family looking for a great place to call their school.
Monday - February 1st
We Celebrate our Faculty, Staff, & Volunteers
Send in a note of gratitude to your child’s teachers, staff, cafeteria workers, secretary, and administrators. They will appreciate your heartfelt thoughts.
Tuesday - February 2nd
We Celebrate our Parents
Be ready for a surprise when you drop off in the morning. Your child will deliver a special treat to your car, so don’t rush off!
Wednesday - February 3rd
We Celebrate our Students
Your students will share with you at the end of the day how we made them feel special. Make sure to ask them how their day went!
Thursday - February 4th
We Celebrate our Community
We are inviting our local community servants to join us for a prayer breakfast. Our students will serve them breakfast and lead them in a prayer for their protection and safety as they serve our community.
Friday - February 5th
We Celebrate Religious Vocations
Our students will get to hear about listening to God’s call on their life and how to respond with our special guests after Mass.
Early dismissal at 12:30 - No Afterschool Care
Important Dates to Remember
January 31-February 6
- Catholic Schools Week - Download flyer for more information.
- Valentine-gram Sales - Delivery on February 12th
- Early Dismissal at 12:30 - No Afterschool Care
- PTO Meeting - Special presentation from Nolan and Cassata High School. Middle school families are strongly recommended to attend.
- Ash Wednesday Mass at 9am
- 7th & 8th Grade NET Retreat at St. Peter the Apostle
- Valentine-gram Delivery
- Valentine's Party and Dance - More information coming soon.
- Teacher Inservice - NO SCHOOL
- Women and Young Ladies' Breakfast - More information coming soon.
Stay In Touch
Have you been getting helpful reminders from the office? Such as "Dress Down Day...." and "Check your Email for the latest news?"
If you haven't, please follow the directions in the link below to opt into our text messaging service. You can opt out at any time.
Come on and give it a try! It's a great way to stay in touch with Our Mother of Mercy!