MMW List Server Message
May 29, 2015
Hello Maureen M. Welch Parents,
This was another fantastic week at school as the children seemed to really enjoy both the small and large-scale activities that took place. On Thursday, the students were really excited about the Build Your Own Sub lunch that was available. And on Wednesday, the entire school was treated to fourth’s grade’s State Fair performance. The show was absolutely amazing, and it was great to see the fourth graders' enthusiasm for putting on the performance. The students and the teachers in fourth grade worked so hard on their show, and it was quite impressive. Next week, the Second Grade Buggy Show!
On Thursday afternoon, we practiced our lockdown procedures at school. As I mentioned in my previous message, this is certainly not an enjoyable event. However, it’s gratifying to know that the drill went well, the students were great, and we have information that our protocol is effective. I had an opportunity to check in with each class afterwards, and the children seemed fine and received kudos for doing such a fantastic job.
Reminders from the Welch PTO
Summer is near, but that does not mean the PTO product redemption collections stop! Here are great ways to earn money for our school during the summer months:
- Target Red Card: If you have the Target Red Card, register it with our school and the PTO will receive a percentage of your purchases. https://www-secure.target.com/redcard/tcoe/home
- Shoparoo: Download this app on your smartphone, snap a picture of your receipt from shopping, and the points will earn money for the school www.shoparoo.com
- Box Tops and Labels for Education: Continue clipping box tops and collecting labels for education all summer long. Either send them in by June 1st, or collect and send them in when school starts in the fall.
Thanks to all of the families who have supported our school with these programs throughout the school year.
Foreign Language Program
Are you interested in having your child participate in the Foreign Language Program at our school next fall? The 20-week program runs every Tuesday morning from 8:05 to 8:50 am and cost $198.00 (includes materials). If interested, please email Cat Zant at cat @zant.net or Hilda Diekman firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the Transportation Department
The transportation department would like parents to know that day care arrangements with bussing are automatically cancelled at the end of this year and that they must file new Day Care Forms for the 2015-2016 school year. Failure to file new forms will result in their children being transported to and from their homes. These forms can be found on the district web site. To access the transportation page, go to the drop down box under administration on the Council Rock home page.
- Wednesday, June 3rd - Second Grade Buggy Show, 6:00
- Friday, June 5th - PTO Pretzel Sale (Last One)
- Wednesday, June 17th - Last Day for students - Early Dismissal - AM Kindergarten Attends
Maureen M. Welch E-Friday Folder
Here are the latest flyers on our school's E-Friday Folder:
Right now, the motto for the staff and the students is Finish Strong. In addition to the fun activities this week, there was a great deal of hard work put toward academics, and we're going to maintain this stamina until the end of the school year. As always, the staff and I appreciate the support of parents. Enjoy the weekend.