#4TDW Conference, newsletter vol. 3
The conference is less than two weeks away!
- You will receive another newsletter on Wednesday, October 7 with links to all the Blackboard rooms where the webinar sessions will happen.
- You will also receive daily newsletters once the conference begins with links to sessions for that day.
- You may visit the session schedule on the conference website where links will be posted the day of sessions.
How do I test my connection in Blackboard Collaborate?
We have set up a Blackboard test room just for this purpose. In addition to testing the room link, you'll want to test your audio using the audio wizard. For further instructions, visit this page of the conference website.
How do I sign up for SCECH credits?
- Log in to each webinar you attend with your first and last name.
- Attend the entire 60 minutes.
- Attend the LIVE session (watching an archived recording does not count).
- When the conference is over, visit the SCECH page of the conference website and follow the instructions provided. You must submit the online SCECH form by October 20, 2015.
Want to tweet for the conference?
We're looking for at least one designated tweeter for each conference session. If you're interested, sign up here to tweet about a session you know you'll be attending.
The conference hashtag is #4TDW.
What's the Digital Writing in K-12 Communities Blog Carnival?
The blog carnival seeks to open conversations about the ways digital writing is taught, encouraged, and facilitated in K-12 classrooms. We encourage you to submit a post about your conference experience, a commentary of teaching digital writing, a lesson or an example illustrating the way digital writing plays a role in your classroom or school. Check out the first couple of posts to see what it's all about.
How do I win door prizes?
At the end of each session, you'll be given a link to an evaluation survey. When you fill out that survey, you become eligible to win the door prize from that session. Our door prize sponsors are Zaption, Explain Everything, and Write About This.