Runyan Elementary Mission
At Runyan Elementary, we are a safe and welcoming community dedicated to student-focused learning driven by high expectations for all.
CISD Bond Porposal
The November 5th CISD Bond Referendum includes projects to address major renovation needs
at campuses across the District. They include HVAC and roof replacements at schools across our high school feeder zones as well as
- phase 2 of the Conroe High School Master Plan that will combine all six buildings into one and reduce the over 100 entrances and
- an overhaul to the plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems at Oak Ridge High School.
To view the full list of campus renovations projects and learn more about the November 2019
Bond Election, please visit www.conroeisd.net/bond or visit our Facebook page at
Recovery Begins in Montgomery County
Please see information below from Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management. If you have questions or need additional assistance, you may contact the school counselor, Ilynn Marinero, at 936-709-2800.
Montgomery County Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management asks that if you have damage due to Tropical Storm Imelda to register losses by filling out a damage report on website www.mctxoem.org. We have also opened our call center for damage reports. The call center will be opened from 8am-5pm Monday through Friday next week. If you do not have internet access and need assistance filling out the damage report call 936-523-3916.
Residents who require assistance with “muck and gut” can register atwww.crisiscleanup.org This is a nonprofit partner, and there is no “guarantee” of assistance, but nonprofit partners will coordinate with crisis cleanup to assist registrants with muck and gut.
If you would like to help Montgomery County Residents monetary donations are being accepted by the following two organizations, and the funds will go directly back into our community to support the victims of Tropical Storm Imelda.
- The Montgomery County Community Foundation – MC Long term Disaster Recovery Fundhttp://www.mccfoundation.org/ If calling to make your donation please make sure to mention the Long term Disaster Recovery Fund (281) 363-8158
- Interfaith of the Woodlandswww.woodlands.snwbll.com
In the last 4 years, we have become no stranger to these type of disasters. As always, Montgomery County will persevere and we are going to come out of this one even stronger than before. Every disaster we survive together only brings us closer, and sharpens us for the next
Upcoming Special Events
Open House and Parent Meeting on September 26, 2019
- 5:00-5:30 Parent Meeting about CISD bond proposal on the November 5th ballot and campus STAAR performance information
- 5:30-6:30 Open House to share classroom routines, expectations and student work
Additional Calendar Information for October:
- 10/3 -- Science district test for 2nd-4th graders
- 10/4 -- PTO fundraiser kick-off
- 10/4 -- Party for classes with best attendance for the month of September
- 10/8 -- Math district test for 1st-2nd graders
- 10/11 -- 12:00 early dismissal
- 10/14 -- School holiday
- 10/16-10/17 -- Student picture day
- 10/16 -- Social studies district test for 2nd-4th graders
- 10/18 -- 11:00 Lunch and Learn for PK parents
- 10/21-10/25 -- Red Ribbon Week
- 10/21-10/31 -- CogAT testing for 2nd graders
- 10/22 -- Report cards go home
- 10/24 -- 5:00-7:00 PTO movie night fundraiser
- 10/25 -- K-9 Drug awareness prevention program for 1st-4th graders
- 10/28 -- Kindergarten field trip to The Woodlands Childrens' Museum
- 10/30 -- Writing district test for 4th graders
- 10/31 -- 2:30 Fall parties in classrooms
Apply for Lunch Assistance
Meal assistance applications must be renewed each school year. The previous year's plan will cover the first couple weeks of school, but to continue to receive assistance, each family MUST reapply at the beginning of the year, or the child will be required to begin paying full price for his/her meal.
If you have questions or need help, please contact the school during regular business hours.
Important Arrival / Dismissal Procedures
- Doors open at 7:30 each morning. This is the earliest students may be dropped off for school. There is no supervision for students prior to that time, so please do not drop students off earlier than 7:30.
- Students who dismiss as walkers must walk home. They may not be picked up by someone driving to the walker area in a car, even when the weather is bad. All students leaving school in a car must dismiss through the car-rider line, and cars may not park along the road to pick up a walker.
- Cars may only make a right turn into the car-rider line. This means cars will have to drive West down Foster Dr. in order to turn right into the line. (Left turns will not be allowed.) Cars may join the car-rider line on Foster from Porter Road or from Cedar Crossing. Please do not make U-turns on Foster Drive, as it creates a safety hazard for drivers.
- To make a dismissal change, parents may email the school at email@example.com and include a picture of their driver's license. All dismissal change requests must be received BEFORE 2:45 so we have time to communicate the change to the dismissal duty staff.
CISD Non-Discrimination Statement:
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.