Our Digital Lives
See how we use digital media
I am Ms. B. and I am online with my class.
Work from Our Digital Citizenship Unit
Their 'Other' Self
Media Life Similes
Creating Summary PaperSlide Videos
My Literature students created PaperSlide Videos to summarize chapter 1
Materials needed to create our PaperSlide Videos:
- Students who can write, draw, talk, and slide a sheet of paper (you and your group members)
- A concept: Explain the elements and characteristics of our literature unit.
- Some Paper: So that you can write or draw your characteristics
- Pencils, Pens, Crayons, Markers: To decorate the paper and create your slides
- A Camera: To videotape the action
- Complete a Storyboard/Script so that you know what you are going to do and say
- Create PaperSlides – at least 10 – with sound bytes that you will elaborate and explain
- Rehearse a few times (videographer, narrator(s), sliders)
- Create your movie in One-Take Shoot
- Upload / Share with real-world audience
What Should Be in Your Video:
For each video you should find:
1. General dates (For example, the Old English, or Anglo-Saxon Period took place from 449-1066)
2. Key Historical Events (2 dates)/Historical Context (At least one sentence) (For example, for the Renaissance historical context is a rebirth of arts and literature. A key date is 1611 when the King James Bible was printed).
3. Summary of that periods style and genre (For example, during the Victorian period the novel became popular. The style of writing was varied but most texts reflected the conservative social values and norms of the time. )
4. Major Authors and their works (For example, for Romanticism, a key author would be John Keats and his key works would be “To a Skylark” and “Prometheus Unbound.”)
5. Picture symbolizing the characteristics of that period (For example, for the Middle English period you could put a picture of a knight to symbolize the romance and hero stories).
Do’s and Don’t’s:
· DO be creative! Consider including other appropriate art work or pictures.
· DO focus and do Good Work
· DO paraphrase and write in your own words.
Researching to find resources to support our textbook
They became researchers to find pictures, facts and links to accompany our textbook.