November 1, 2017
Turkey Dinner Outreach
- Pray for the girls' emotional stability during the holidays and for their families.
- Pray for the GH staff's stamina and spiritual foundation especially for two new house parent couples.
- Pray for Mama Lois' health, strength, and mind.
- Essential Church is praying they will reach 250 people weekly with the Gospel. They are having 150 -200 attend their weekly services.
- Pray they will be faithful to share the Gospel with their friends and neighbors.
- Essential Church is partnering with ALSBOM (Alabama State Board of Missions) to host a statewide church planting dinner on Sunday, November 12. Pray this event will be an encouragement to church planters from all over the state.
- Pray for Pastor Tim and Kristen as they prepare to welcome an addition to their family in 2018!
- Please continue to pray for the ongoing church planting efforts in the Middle East. Specifically, pray for the growing number of believers who daily face pressures in a predominately Islamic culture.
- Pray that they would be strong in their faith, courageous in their witness, and forgiving in their spirit as they seek to make Jesus known, make disciples, and plant healthy underground churches.
- Pray for those from our church who are faithfully working daily in this region.
The Hanscome Family - Africa
- Pray for the sale of their home in Birmingham.
- Pray as they travel in Africa during the month of November.
- Pray as they are away from their families during the upcoming holidays and that homesickness would be minimal.
- Pray that the kids stay healthy and strong!
*Please do not share or post on social media!*
Mission Trip Report
Cuba: A team of 4 men led a pastors conference in Las Tunas, Cuba. This team had the opportunity to preach, equip local pastors about discipleship & marriage, baptize 12 people, and be an encouragement to the newest church plant in Las Tunas. They were also able to help those affected by the hurricane by handing out food, clothing, and hygiene supplies. Team Leader: Patrick Sawyer
Disaster Relief Reports
Crew 1 - Joe Long & Becky Noland served in Ft. Myers, FL October 3-12. Becky worked as part of the administration team based out of McGregor Baptist Church in Ft. Myers. This team is responsible for coordinating & assigning housing to volunteers, tracking work requests from start to finish for chainsaw & clean-up teams, and reporting to NAMB on crew hours, the number of meals prepared, chaplain contacts, etc. Joe worked on the chainsaw team. There is still a lot of work to be done around Ft. Myers, but many people are starting to begin life as it was before the hurricane! Pray for those whose lives have been deeply impacted by this hurricane. Team Members: Joe Long and Becky Noland
Crew 2 - Steve & Janie Mothershed volunteered with the Shelby County Association to train volunteers in both the chainsaw team and the administration team. There are many different opportunities for you to be a part of the Alabama Baptist Disaster Relief organization - at home & away! To join, visit https://alsbom-gm.org/.
- Clarkston, GA - December 9, Trip Leader, David Harris. This team will work with Reach the Nations church to conduct a personal finance seminar for members of the Clarkston community. The seminar will include a time of fellowship to engage participants. Email David for more information at email@example.com
- Washington, D.C. - February 7-11, 2018, Trip Leader, Dawn Sawyer. Special Needs Prom and Service Projects with local church planters. Email Dawn for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Armenia - March 23 – April 1, 2018, Need a team of up to 10 people to distribute SD cards containing the Bible and other resources to Central Asians traveling outside their home country for vacation. This will be the fifth year our church has done this. The return date of April 1st is preferred, but it is flexible if the team would prefer to return on March 31. Approximate cost is $2300 per person. For more information contact Bob at email@example.com.
- Washington, D.C. - July 14-21, 2018, Trip Leader, Tamara McCammon *This is a family trip. We will be partnering with Redeemer City Church to serve the local school and minister to children in the Brookland community. Email Tamara for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHANGE OF PLANS
Did you know we had to cancel our recently planned medical/Fall festival trip to Clarkston due to heavy rain and storms moving through the area? This trip will be rescheduled for Spring of 2018. Thank you for your generous donations of candy and pre-packaged snacks. They did not go to waste. We were able to bless the kids at Restoration Academy and Grace House with candy. The pre-packaged cakes and cookies will be served at Jimmie Hale this week.