Boone County High School
Community Service Opportunities
Reindeer Games & Holiday Crafts
Please email Mary Ann Nelter with the following information:
Street address, City, State & Zip Code
Cell Phone Number
The name of the school you attend
Are you earning credit for community service?
You can also access the form at this link.
Dress requirements include jean/pants suitable for work, red shirt suitable for work and athletic shoes
Humane Society for Boone County
By donating your time, you can help offset the cost of operating the shelter and keep our animals happy, healthy and ready to find their fur-ever home.
To volunteer, visit this link to complete and submit an online volunteer form.
Boone County Arboretum
Contact: Lacey Kessell - Volunteer Co-ordinator
Volunteers are needed to help maintain the Arboretum grounds, and staff public events. Grounds activities include helping plant gardens, pruning, weeds, and facilities improvement projects. Volunteers are also needed for special events to direct & park traffic, and to perform various other event related tasks. Link to volunteer information - https://bcarboretum.org/volunteer
Florence Park Care Center
Contact Brittany at 513-605-5004 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- lead a craft activity
- read to a shut-in
- assist with a bingo game
- teach sign language
- perform for the residents by practicing your speech and drama or play an instrument
Volunteers can also assist with filling the outdoor birdfeeders or gardening. Other ideas and suggestions for helping or interacting with the residents are welcome.
Bridgeport Healthcare is located at 7300 Woodspoint Drive in Florence. Please contact the Activity Director, Muff Barlow to inquire about volunteering at 859-992-6401.
St. Vincent DePaul NKY
For employment, please visit the SVDPNKY Website.
Mary Rose Mission
- All volunteers must be high school age or older. 8th Grade students may volunteer with an adult.
- Everyone must wear closed toe shoes for safety
- Bring a hat or a hairnet will be provided
- Park in the rear of the building closest to the guest entrance
- Cook shift should arrive at 11:00 AM (unless directed otherwise by the lead cook)
- Serving shift should arrive promptly at 3:30 PM (2nd shift). The 2nd shift is expected to stay until their shift has been completed (approximately 6:30 PM).
- In case you need to cancel on your assigned day, please change your assignment on SignUp AND leave a message on our voicemail at 859-292-0300.
To sign up on the online calendar click here
The Bill & Betsy Scheban Care Center
The care center is located at 31 Spiral Drive in Florence. To inquire about volunteer opportunities please email email@example.com.