NRMS Family Newsletter
For the weeks of September 19th & 26th
North Rockford Middle School
Assistant Principal: Al Reickard
Student Activities/AD: Jen Domagalski
Counselors: Karla Koops-Fikse and Angie Ohlman
Chillie participating in Wacky Wednesday
NWEA MAP Growth & M-Step Reports
All NRMS students will be setting NWEA growth goals in Reading, Language Usage, Math, and Science. Please ask your child to review them with you! The expectation is that they review their goals with their parent/guardian and that you sign the form indicating your acknowledgment. An example of the Goal Setting Sheet is below.
If you have any questions in regards to testing, please call our Counseling Department at (616) 863-6313.
Parent Teacher Conference Information
SAVE THE DATES!
- Tuesday, September 27th from 4:00 pm to 7:00 p.m. IN-PERSON CONFERENCES.
- Thursday, September 29th from 3:00 pm to 6:00 p.m. VIRTUAL CONFERENCES.
A conference sign-up link will be sent later this week in the Parent Teacher Conference Newsletter. PLEASE NOTE: All conferences will require a sign-up for either in-person or virtual.
Family Access Student Verification
Parent Pickup & Drop-off
With the number of bus routes canceled this week, we want to remind you of our drop-off and pick-up procedures.
Both the front and athletic entrance doors will open at 7:10 am. Students WILL NOT be allowed into the building until this time. Students will go to their 1st-hour classrooms beginning at 7:25 am. PLEASE NOTE: We do not start school until 7:40 am.
• PARENT DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP: Use the Athletic Entrance parking lot, located off of Lincoln Street.
• BUS LANE: Located off of Division St. (10 Mile) and is for busses only from 7:00-7:40 am and from 2:00-3:00 pm. Please do NOT drop off students using the bus lanes.
- DURING DAY: If there is a need to pick up or drop off your student from an appointment, please continue to drop off or pick up at the main entrance. Call the office and they will assist with this process.
- MORNING: As you pull up to the athletic entrance, please pull all the way forward in the yellow drop zone. This will allow for the maximum number of students to be dropped off at one time, keeping traffic moving smoothly.
- AFTERNOON: Please park in a designated parking spot near the athletic entrance and have your student come out to you. Do not line up along the curb.
NRMS Counseling Support
Mrs. Koops-Fikse and Mrs. Ohlman are here to support your child! If your child is in need of academic, social, or emotional support, please have them come to our office. We are also available by contacting (616) 863-6313.
Last Names A - L: Karla Koops-Fikse
Last Names M-Z: Angie Olhman
NRMS Counseling Dog
Absences are required to be called into the attendance office @ 616.863.6300 in order to be excused.
Please leave a message on our voicemail if you are calling after hours.
- Student's name
- Reason for Absence - if it is an illness we need to know the symptoms of the illness - vomiting, coughing, fever, cold, diarrhea - whatever the reason may be
If you ever have any questions don't hesitate to email either one of our district nurses or contact NRMS.
Covid Procedures for 2022-2023
If your student does receive a positive Covid test - they must isolate for at least a full 5 days. Day 0 is the day symptoms started or a positive covid then we count 5 days after that with the student returning on day 6.
If symptoms are improving then your student can return on day 6 - you can check with the office on their return date. You do not need to test to return unless symptoms are still present. If the test is still positive then they will remain out for another 5 days.
On their return we do recommend masking for at least 5 days.
As always these guidelines are set by the Public Health Department and could change throughout the year.
Did you not buy your yearbook at orientation? Purchase your yearbook at the lowest price of the year before it increases. Follow the link here to purchase your yearbook directly online.
School Funds - Paying for Meals, Balances, Etc.
Lost Library Book?
If you are receiving phone calls that your child is missing an RPS Library Book, here's how you can help:
- Weekly calls will continue until the lost book is returned or the replacement cost is paid so we can purchase a new copy.
- Any RPS library book (even an elementary book) can be returned to the middle school library. As soon as the book is checked in, the phone calls stop.
- Books that cannot be returned (lost/damaged) will be cleared from the student's account after cash or a check made out to Rockford Public Schools has been brought to the library.