Aug 2017 Finals Edition
Table of Contents
Student Senate purchases.
Finals & Break: Hours
Quiet Study & Study Rooms
Writing Lab/Research Help
Ed Tech Corner 3D Printer
Finals are here again and that means summer is almost over. Your Student Senate has purchased a few items that will be housed in the library that will hopefully enhance your student experience. Please read about them below.
Please pay close attention our finals and break hours. We are closed on holidays and weekends and open until 4 p.m. on most Fridays except for 9/1. So even though many offices will close, we will be available this year for students.
We've also included our annual or trimester reminder about quiet study, study rooms and writing and research help.
Finally, there is a 3D printer available for faculty to try. Please contact the library if you would like more information.
Headphones & Chargers
- Headphones: We have a few new pairs of large headphones available at the desk to help you drown out the noise as you study.
- Charging Station Refresh: Student Senate has purchased a new charging station so now all the plugins should be in working order.
- iPhone chargers. We have both versions of iPhone chargers available as well that can be plugged in wherever there is an outlet in the library. (Or school--the checkout period is two hours).
Finals (July 31st - August 11th)
We will open at 7 a.m. Monday-Friday.
Weekend hours will remain as they are.
Friday, August 11th we close at 4:00 p.m.
Undergraduate Finals/Break (Aug. 11th - Aug. 18th)
Friday, August 11th: 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
M-Thursday Aug. 14th-17th: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday, August 18th: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Break (Aug. 19th- Sep. 5th)
M-Thursday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.*
Friday Aug. 18th and 25th: 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Friday September 1st: 8 a.m. to noon
Monday Sep. 4th - Labor Day CLOSED
Tuesday Sep. 5th: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Wednesday Sep. 6th: Regular hours resume
*The doors lock at this time. However, we've been known to let people linger if a librarian is working past 4:30 p.m. If you have any questions, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. And if you're here after 4:30 and want to know if there is someone around to let you know, you can always try 952-885-5419.
Updated Week 1 of break 8/4/2017
Quiet Study & Study Rooms
Study Rooms: Remember, there is a two hour limit. You may sign up for additional time only after your two hours are close to being up and no one has signed up for the room after you. The sign-up sheet for finals is in the blue folder near the library worker.
In addition, while snacks are okay in the rooms, larger meals are not. Not only does it sometimes create a mess but the trash can stink up a room that may not be cleaned for a day or two, as is the case during holidays and weekends.
Breaks are good so step outside, eat and go back to studying.
Just a reminder...
As people pour into the library to study for midterms, please be extra mindful of the volume of your voice. Even "normal voice" levels can sound loud.
So far, we think you've been doing a great job during the busier days so please keep it up.
- Databases for your research needs.
- You can make an appointment with me, Krista, the reference and instruction librarian. I will sit with you and help you get started in your search. For best results, make an appointment in advance by emailing me at email@example.com with as much information as possible. For instance, knowing the topic in advance before the meeting gives me the opportunity to get familiar with what we can offer.
- We also offer interlibrary loans if you need something we don't have.
- Assistance in developing the format of your paper.
- Reading over your paper to make sure it flows and to catch recurring errors.
- We do not, however, fully proofread or edit your paper.
- Please make an appointment in advance. Drop-in hours are limited to the evenings and the off chance someone might be available during the day. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for availability.
If you'd like more information or would like a demo, please contact a librarian (email@example.com) or Dr. Farrar.
Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Sunday: 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.