SHISD Mid-Week Message
Promoting Great Things in a Great School District
We are off to a great start. I have heard many compliments on the district convocation day. It was a great day from the inspiring words of Board President Mark White, to the lessons learned from Lesa Cain and Eric Sheninger, and the overall energy. What a tremendous start! I hope this week has started out great for you as well.
Keep your mind set on what makes SHISD have the reputation for the best school district in East Texas and how you inspire that reputation with your words and actions each day. Keep the focus on what it takes to walk the talk of our vision, to be a premier school district, and what your role and purpose is in helping SHISD reach that vision.
Find a mentor to help you improve and at the same time be looking for others that you can bring up and mentor. Last but not least find your passion and stay motivated.
The quote in the picture next to these words reads "The task ahead of us is never as great as the power behind us." We have a great responsibility to educate the students coming our way Monday. No, the State of Texas and the politicians have not made our job any easier, but we have something they can't stop. With the dedicated teachers of Spring Hill ISD working together for students, the administration and staff supporting you in your efforts, and a supportive community behind us, there is NOTHING we can't accomplish.
Monday is the first day of school. We get to do what we love to do, teach, inspire, and prepare students to be successful. This year will be Spring Hill's best year ever. I can't wait to get started!
- Thank you so very much for the new online registration this year. This is so amazing and very helpful! I know that this took a lot of time and planning. I just want to say a HUGE THANK YOU ! I along with everyone else greatly appreciate this new option!!!!! Many Thanks -Kay Bowles
- Kudos to Mark White and the SHISD Board for their words and attendance at convocation. You Matter!
- A SPECIAL THANK YOU to Coach Mercer for allowing Ms. Teri Burns to train our athletic coaches on procedures for meals, travel, mileage, student rosters, tax exempt forms, etc. Our auditors check these expenditures, and Coach Mercer, Ms. Burns and our coaching staff are working to support the accuracy of our financial statements. We, in the business office, appreciate their commitment to GETTING IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME!!! - Thank you, Barbara
- Kudos to John Kachmar, Kyle Linthicum, Tony White and Karen Plumlee for going the extra mile in working closely with the business office staff when scheduling updates for our computer systems, offering support or completing inventory counts. The technology staff is very considerate of the work that we do during the summer with regard to developing the budget, calculating the tax rate, paying the invoices, running the payroll etc. So many of these duties are extremely time sensitive and John and his staff work diligently to limit the number of interruptions that we have. They are also very responsive to our needs for technical support and they do all of this with a smile and a truly caring attitude!! - Barbara
- Kudos to SH Head Baseball Coach Mike Eckles who will represent Spring Hill this next summer as a Head Coach for the East Texas FCA All-Star Baseball game. Well deserved. -ss
The Spring Hill Junior High 8th Grade Band recently received 1st place in the "March" Category at the region level of the Outstanding Performance Series Competition. They also received 1st and 2nd place in the "Concert" Category. This means ALL of the recordings from UIL Concert Contest will advance to the Area level of this competition. I am so proud of the student's hard work, I had to share!! - Jacob Pipak
Excellence in the Classroom!
7th grade Duke University TIP Talent Search Outstanding Recognition
- Brody Barnhill (not pictured)
- Carson Barnhill (not pictured)
- Marshall Bodenheimer (not pictured)
- Kennedy Croom
- Kaleigh Kogler
- Elizabeth Schmidt
- Samantha Schott
State Qualifiers in Tennis Recognized at the June Board Meeting
Celebrating Student Athletes at the East Texas Kick-Off Luncheon
Athletic Booster Club Hosts a Tea For all Moms
PTA Monthly Grants
PTA will continue their Monthly Teacher Grant program this year to help provide supplies, classroom materials, and professional development needs that arise during the school year. Ask your principal for the application needed to apply for a monthly grant, awarded October thru March. Requests are due the last Friday of the month (Sep. - Feb.). Awards are up to $500 monthly.
SHHS Newest Members of the High School Wall of Fame
State Qualifier - UIL Issues and Current Events
State Qualifier - 3rd Place - UIL Ready Writing
State Qualifier - (9th) Cross Country, (3rd) 400 meter, (4th) 800 meter
Spring Hill ISD's New Bass Club
So far, thanks to the hard work of some great dads, determined group of students, faculty sponsor Keith Haney, and the many hours by Super Volunteer Kay Doss, the club has several boat captains, many sponsors, fishing jerseys, and a tournament schedule lined out for the school year. The club is open to all 7th-12th graders. Fish on!
Free Graduate School for Teachers!
Texas A & M Commerce has an opportunity for SH teachers. They have a program called “Funding Your Future” where they are offering free graduate level classes for teachers that may want to pursue a master’s degree or add graduate level coursework to their resume. Some of the courses are available online.
See the flyer below about our Funding Your Future Incentive. The Free Courses for Texas Teachers opportunity is a HUGE part of this incentive! Please feel free to check out the website (course listing and details) at www.tamuc.edu/fundingyourfuture “Funding Your Future”.