4th Grade Update
Week of May 23
- Wednesday, May 25th: Austin field trip! Students should be at WRE at 7:00 a.m. Students should bring a completely disposable sack lunch and wear their red Austin t-shirts. Please check your email late afternoon/early evening for arrival updates. Our goal is to return to WRE around 8:15 p.m.
- Friday, May 27th: Field Day: Please apply sunscreen at home. Students should bring a lunch, water and a hat if wanted. Bathing suits are optional under clothes (there will be a water slide). We'll picnic outside before we visit the Field Day stations!
- Also Friday, May 27th: Talent Show at LHHS!
- Monday, May 30th: Memorial Day holiday - NO SCHOOL
- Wednesday, June 1: Faculty v Sixth Grade softball game. Students should wear sunscreen and bring a beach towel to sit on.
- Thursday, June 2: Last day for students!
In the Classroom
LANGUAGE ARTS: Publishing a newspaper (this includes article writing, typing and layout); writing fiction
READING: Pom Pom Poetry Day is June 1; illustrating book covers
MATH: Creating math games; tangrams
SCIENCE: Earth and Space Unit Assessment