- September 28th: Dining for Dollars @ Julie Ann's; 4pm-8pm
- October 6th: Husmann Hustle Packets Due
- October 9th: No School
- October 13th: Husmann Hustle
- October 18th: Early Release @ 2:00 pm
- October 19th: Picture Retake Day
- October 27th: Trunk or Treat with food trucks; Time TBD
- November 10th: Family Dining for Dollars @ Chuck E. Cheese
- November 13th: Family Night with the Chicago Wolves
This is for our fifth graders who would like to help preserve the memories of 2023-24. Meetings are held on Tuesdays in the STEM room at 3:30pm. The first meeting will be on October 3rd. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Hello, Husmann Parents & Guardians!
Since we have now been in school for a few weeks, your child has become familiar with the classroom schedule, routines and what types of things happen during each subject area.
Take some time each day to not only ask them how their day was, but more specifically ask such questions like: What was covered in the SEL lesson? What literacy station(s) were you in today and what did you work on? Which book did your teacher read to you during shared reading time? What skills are you working on in your guided reading group? Which unit are you in for encores, and what did you do during encore time?
Those questions will generate a lot of discussion and allow your child to share out specifics about their day! Should you have further questions, depending on what is/what is not shared, please reach out to their classroom or encore teacher directly for clarification.
Your Partners in Education,
Mr. Sromek, Principal & Ms. Fitzgerald, Assistant Principal
Come READ with Us!
The Husmann library would like to invite 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students to our Award Book Reading Clubs! We meet every other month to discuss a 2024 Award Book Nominee. If you are interested, please click on the link for more information.
BPAC Technology Night Open House
We invite our multilingual families to a Technology Open House on Friday, September 29 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. This event is designed to bring the community together to learn more about the technology tools that keep you connected to your child’s school. Information will be available at stations for families to stop by & visit. Pizza and light refreshments will be served and the entire family is welcome! Click here to register.
Fort, Pajama & Stuffy Day is a favorite for Golden Paw Rewards!
September 28th--Dining for Dollars at Julie Ann's from 4-8pm
October 6th--Husmann Hustle pledge packets are due.
October 13th--Husmann Hustle
- We are looking for business sponsors! The Husmann Hustle is our only large fundraiser of the year, and it helps support things like award-winning books, family nights, field trips, school improvement, staff appreciation, and more! If you or someone you know would like to be listed as a sponsor, please see the following link (all donations are tax deductible): www.husmannpto.com/sponsor
- Husmann Hustle volunteer signup: Hustle Volunteer
- October 17th-18th--We are in need of volunteers to assist with the vision and hearing screening. Volunteers will assist children from their classroom to the testing room. If you’re available, please sign up here: Vision and Hearing Volunteer
- November 12th-- Happenings Correction
The correct date for the Chicago Wolves family night is Sunday, November 12th. Additionally, choir families can purchase tickets from Miss Burke, and choir students will receive a complimentary ticket. EVERYONE else requires a ticket purchase. Choir families may or may not be seated in the Husmann family night section.Discounted tickets for Husmann Family Night with the Chicago Wolves: Wolves Tickets