Holly El. Leadership Bulletin
A "Leader in Me" Lighthouse School "Let Our Light Shine"
May 31, 2016
Community Service Project (CSP)
Our May CSP is sponsored by our 1st graders. Their focus is on Community Beautification. On our May 13th "Sharpen the Saw" day, 1st graders painted rocks for our garden areas. They turned out beautifully...we shared them with our Board of Education Office. Be sure to check them out!
Co-Curricular Corner - Mrs. Bertram / Music
The students have been busy in music as the school year quickly comes to an end!
- Our Young 5’s and Kindergarten classes have been exploring the science of sound and music.
- The 2nd graders are hoping to perform a special sound piece for the Kindergarteners, to go along with the story “Where the Wild Things Are”. They have composed sound pieces for the seven scenes in the story by Maurice Sendak. We are hoping to invite the Kindergarteners in to listen to our story sound piece before the end of the year.
- The 1st graders have been learning all about families – “instrument families” that is.
- Our 3rd and 4th graders are creating their own recycled instruments. They are using their recycled instruments to perform a “Stomp” group performance for their classes.
- The 5th graders have almost completed their Karate Keyboard Unit. Each of the 5th grade classes has surpassed their class goal. You can see the final results outside the Music room.
- Enjoy your summer and remember to KEEP SINGING!!
Field Day/Hot Dog Picnic ~ June 13, 2016
Kdg.-2nd: 9:00 -11:15 AM
3rd - 5th: 12:15-3:00 PM
Mr. M. is in need of parent volunteers for the upper el. Field Day. If you are able to help out, please call the office: 248-328-3600 or use sign-up genius: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c0d4aa4a82faafd0-field/
The Hot Dog Picnic lunch will be free for all students. Lunch will consist of a hotdog, chips, watermelon, carrot sticks, and milk. Scheduled afternoon parent volunteers are invited to joins us for a free picnic lunch also!
Fifth Grade Updates
- Our 5th grade recognition ceremony will be Friday, June 10, at 2:00 PM in the gym.
- The annual 5th grade "clap-out" will take place on June 14, at 11:45 AM. (school will be dismissed at 12:00 PM on the last day)
End of the Year Parent Reminders
- The school library is now closed for book checkout. Please return all library books by Tuesday, May 31. Slips will come home with students next week for books that have not been returned.
- All medication kept at school needs to be picked up from the office. Any medication remaining at school after June 17 will be discarded.
- All background check forms expire on June 14. A new form and copy of your driver's license will be needed in September for the 2016-17 school year.
- The last day of school is June 14. Students will be dismissed at 12:00 PM.
- Report Cards will come home with students on June 14.
- Letters with your child's teacher for the 2016-17 school year will be mailed the end of August.
1. Online ordering is available and yearbooks will be shipped directly to your house. The cost is $16 for softcover / $26 for hardcover. There will be an $8.99 shipping fee added by the yearbook company.
2. You may order in the office with cash or check. The cost will be $17 for softcover / $27 for hardcover and we will place 1 order to minimize the shipping fee. This option will be available through June 10. These yearbooks will arrive after school is out. We will call you when they arrive.
Yearbooks will be distributed to students on June 3, 2016.
Calendar of Upcoming Events
2-3 5th Grade to Toledo
3 Yearbooks Delivered to Students
7 Kindergarten to the Library
8 Title One Parent Breakfast 8:00 AM
8 Field Day (rain date)
10 Last Day to Order Yearbooks @ School
10 5th Grade Recognition Ceremony 2:00 PM
10 1st to Lakeside
13 Field Day
14 Last Day of School ~ AM Attendance/12:00 PM Dismissal
Might your son or daughter need a physical for school sports, youth sports, summer camp, scouts or another activity? If so, you will want to consider this opportunity.
On June 1st, our team physician Dr. Larry Baylis and his staff will be at Holly High School. Students have a great opportunity on this day to get a physical for the low price of $15. We will begin our physical day at 4pm. An end time is not set as that will depend on how many students sign up for a physical. If you would like an appointment close to the start time, make an appointment soon. If you would like a late afternoon time slot, make your appointment later this month. We will sell appointment times the entire month of May.
1. Stop in the HS main office or the athletic office with $15 to purchase an appt. time. Appointments can not be made over the phone as payment is due when you schedule.
2. When you turn in the payment, an appointment time will be given to you along with a physical form. Both sides of the form must be completed PRIOR to your appointment on June 1st (including ALL parent signatures and the student signatures). The only portion that you may leave blank will be the section Dr. Baylis will fill out.
3. On June 1st, arrive at Holly HS for your appointment on time or early.
The high school office is open Monday-Friday, from 7am until 3pm and the athletic office from 9am until 3pm. Should it be more convenient to come to the high school between the hours of 5 and 7pm, you may do so on May 9, 10, 16 and 23. The AD will be in the athletic office or at the stadium as we host lacrosse or soccer games these nights.
If you have a question, please contact the athletic office at 248-328-3247. Remember, if you want an early physical appointment, schedule now. If you want a late afternoon appointment, schedule later this month.