CRI - PARENT Newsletter!
WEEK OF APRIL 16, 2023
WHY IS IT MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER?
SEND IT FULLY CHARGED + SEND THE CHARGER!
REMEMBER TO HELP YOUR CHILD!
Fully-charge your child's Chromebook EVERY EVENING - especially on UPCOMING TESTING DATES!
CHARGING YOUR CHILD'S CHROMEBOOK has NEVER BEEN MORE IMPORTANT!
- LAST YEAR we had 20 EXTRA CHROMEBOOKS to help students whose Chromebook was uncharged
- HOWEVER, due to increased enrollment & breakage - WE DO NOT HAVE AN EXTRA CHROMEBOOK for your child to use if theirs is uncharged.
- WE ALSO DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH OUTLETS for multiple children to plug in if theirs is uncharged.
- PLEASE CHARGE YOUR CHILD'S CHROMEBOOK EVERY EVENING SO they can test with everyone & are able to attend all yearend activities & classes rather than makeup state tests.
THANK YOU for passing the LAST BOND ELECTION....
- NEXT YEAR, it will be possible for CRI & other schools to receive MUCH-NEEDED updates & added TECHNOLOGY! Yay!
- HOWEVER, AT THIS TIME - WE DO NOT have any extra CHROMEBOOKS.
4/18, TUES - 8:10 am 6TH GRADE COACHES SPEAK TO ALL 6TH GRADERS IN GYM
4/18, TUES - MPS JOB FAIR @ CRI - 4:30 - 7:00pm
4/19 - 4/21 - CRI VIRTUAL STUDENTS' STATE TESTING
Saturday, 4/22 -
- 4:00pm - DAY OF THE BANDS @ PAC - BAND PERFORMANCE!
Our 6th-grade band students' 1st whole-group concert
- 8:30am - FUN RUN @ MHS
UPCOMING & YEAR-END EVENTS:
4/24, MON - CRI Running Club: Olympic Games after school!
4/26, WED - CRI Running Club: Olympic Games after school!
4/25 & 4/26 - 5th GRADE STATE TESTING - TUES/THURS
4/27, THURS - 6th GRADE STATE TESTING
4/29, SAT - DAY OF THE CHOIRS @ 10am CRI CHOIR PERFORMS @ PAC
- THEN KIDS ENJOY FRONTIER CITY TRIP following!
5/1 - 5/5 IS TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK
5/2, TUES - 5th GRADE STATE TESTING
5/3, WED - 6th GRADE STATE TESTING
5/8, MON - CHARACTER ASSEMBLIES
5/9, TUES - 5th GRADE STATE TESTING
5/10, WED - BRONCO BISTRO (PIZZA & GAMES for Character Winners)
5/12, FRI - 5th GRADE READ-A-THON in ELA classes
5/12, FRI - 5th GRADE GROWTH & DEVEL by NURSES
5/12, FRI - ALL LIBRARY BOOKS CHECKED IN END OF DAY
5/15, MON - DAY OF AWESOMENESS
5/16 & 5/17 - 6TH GRADE CHROMEBOOK & CHARGERS CHECK-IN
5/18 & 5/19 - 5TH GRADE CHROMEBOOK & CHARGERS CHECK-IN
5/18, THURS @ 2:15pm - 6TH GRADE THEATER PERFORMANCE for 5TH GRADERS
5/19, FRI - 6th GRADE PHYSICALS DAY - WE BUS STUDENTS WITH PERMISSION SLIPS & $ TO MHS
LAST WEEK OF SCHOOL
5/22, MON - 6:30 PM CRI AWARDS ASSEMBLY @ PAC
5/22 - 5/24 DODGEBALL or STUDY HALL (must be eligible by passing all classes to play/attend)
5/24, WED - LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
DAY OF AWESOMENESS - coming in May!
SPIRIT DRESS-UP DAYS DURING TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK!
TBA - week of May 1
END OF YEAR CONCERTS & PROJECTS!
LABS, LEARNING, & FINISHING STRONG!
We are so proud of our KIDS & TEACHERS!
DISCUSS THE FOLLOWING & STRESS THE IMPORTANCE OF FINISHING STRONG:
- GIVE YOUR BEST EVERY DAY!
- Be thoughtful, respectful & hard-working!
END OF DAY
- WAIT TO LEAVE CLASSROOM - Students should only leave class when their own BUS or CAR-RIDER # is called
- BAND STUDENTS should NO LONGER return to band room to get their BAND INSTRUMENTS @ the end of day - They will take their band instruments with them to their last couple of Life App classes. This will save time & reduce hallway traffic. :)
- Kids should ONLY EAT or DRINK in the cafeteria - breakfast & lunch
- All phones & devices should be PUT AWAY in BACKPACKS except w/ teacher permission
- Students should NOT be on any device in hallways or restrooms
- Students cannot be on Chromebooks in hallways - to reduce breakage
- Students should NOT be silly, running, or yelling in hallways or classrooms
WE LOVE OUR KIDS & their enthusiasm, however, IT'S IMPORTANT TO HELP THEM FOCUS on what matters MOST!
- HELP THEM TURN IN MISSING WORK
- RAISE SEMESTER GRADES
- PREPARE FOR STATE TESTING
- BE KIND
- & FINISH STRONG.
CRI STATE TESTING:
MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD COMES TO SCHOOL
WITH A FULLY-CHARGED CHROMEBOOK!
5th gr. Students' State Testing: Check your child's CHROMEBOOK!
- TUES., 4/25 - 5TH READING
- WED., 4/26 - 5TH WRITING
- TUES., 5/2 - 5TH MATH
- TUES., 5/9 - 5TH SCIENCE
6th gr. Students' State Testing: Check your child's CHROMEBOOK!
- THURS., 4/27 - 6TH ELA
- WED., 5/3 - 6TH MATH
IMPORTANT - IT'S TIME TO SETTLE UP LUNCH ACCOUNTS :)
IN THE PAST - Throughout the school year, we allow students to charge a few lunches when their account temporarily becomes negative. However, this is not allowed at the end of the year. The district must balance accounts at the end of each school year & cannot allow charges.
EFFECTIVE MAY 3rd -
- A child's lunch account cannot go into a negative balance BEGINNING May 3rd.
- There will be NO charging allowed in the cafeteria for the remainder of this school year (the month of May.)
- If the child does not have the money for lunch, they will be given an alternate meal.
It is easy to lose track of the balance of your child's lunch account. We understand.
However...beginning May 3rd, please monitor your child's lunch account closely -
- Completely cover any past charges
- Plus pay for the meal for the day
- or your child may bring a lunch from home.
- Child Nutrition will begin making robocalls two times per week as a reminder to households who have a child with a negative balance.
- Please stress to your child the importance of NOT buying snacks for other students. This is not allowed and can greatly reduce their lunch account at a quicker rate than you anticipate.
Please give us a call if you need assistance or have questions.
ROCKIN' THE RIDGE! - BEST KIDS, TEACHERS, & FAMILIES ANYWHERE!
- On Track for Success
- & Kind
I will R.O.C.K the Ridge!
CONTACT US! We are here to help!
MAIN NUMBER - (405) 256-6955
- ATTENDANCE or to CONTACT US
Administrative Assistants (secretaries):
Media Director (librarian):
- Michelle Tobler - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Ann Cornelison (and nurse's asst. Jill Isham)
Spec Ed Dept. Head:
- Amanda Holeman - email@example.com
- Linda Riggs - firstname.lastname@example.org