F.L. Moffett Primary
"Where the Adventure Begins" October 2022
Student Work Highlights:
- Fall Break-October 7th-16th
- Alphabet Parade-October 28th (PK3)
- Mask Parade-October 28th (PK4)
- Storybook Character Parade -October 28th (K-2nd)
- GT Nominations Accepted for Kinder, 1st, & 2nd Grades until Oct. 28th
- Red Ribbon Week-October 24th-28th
- Thanksgiving Break-November 21st-25th
- Christmas Break-December 19th-January 3rd
It's A Great Day....To Learn Something New!
Math Night: Math is a Big Deal!
For morning Power Up & Counseling with Mrs. Meeks this year, students will be focusing on a specific character trait each month.
- August - Kindness
- September - Respect
- October - Courage
- November - Gratitude
- December - Empathy
- January - Honesty
- February - Integrity
- March - Responsibility
- April - Cooperation
- May - Perseverance/Grit
School-Home Connection: How You Can Help at Home!
PreK- Check, initial, & clean out folders daily, practice fine motor skills at home:
- holding a pencil, scissor skills, pushing Lego blocks together (and pulling them apart), manipulating play dough, getting dressed with belts, buttons, zippers and snaps, using silverware while eating, opening food packages
Kinder-Check folders daily, look for high frequency words coming soon, practice naming letters and number recognition/counting
1st-Read 10-15 minutes daily, practice high frequency words (each student has an individualized list), review counting by 2s, 5s, 10s, counting from 1 to 100 with fluency, practice addition facts up to 10
2nd- Read each night for 15-20 mins, practice math facts, and money concepts like counting coins
Questions to Ask Your Child Instead of Asking: "How Was Your Day?"
- What made you laugh today?
- What is something you heard that surprised you?
- Did you get better at anything today?
- What was something that really made you think?
- What was the best part of your day?
- Tell me about a time when you felt proud of yourself?
- What is something that didn't go as well as you would have liked today?
Counselor Connection: Click the links below to download the Counselor's Newsletters
FLM Parents & Guardians:
Thank you for a great start to our 2022-2023 school year! It is our pleasure to spend each day learning and making memories with your students as they grow and prepare for the future. At FLM, we make safety and security our priority each day. Extra precautions have been implemented this year for locking gates, keeping all interior doors locked, and establishing Safety Committees to continually monitor and improve our procedures. As a primary campus, our goal is to establish a love of learning for your students while providing a solid educational foundation to set your students up for success in school. Learning is an Adventure and we are happy that your child's adventure in education is with our faculty and staff at F.L. Moffett! Please let us know if there is anything we can do to better support your child
Brandy Bennefield, Principal
Perla Araiza, Assistant Principal/Behavior Coordinator
Stacey Koffskey, Assistant Principal/Behavior Coordinator