Holy Trinity Catholic School
Home of the Saints - December 2, 2015
From the Principal's Desk:
Happy Advent Season!
We began the season of Advent at each of our campuses with the Jesse Tree. Each day we are explaining the meaning behind the ornaments as we hang them on the tree. May you find quiet amidst the business of the season to truly spend time waiting and preparing for the coming of Jesus, the most precious gift of all.
- School pictures have been sent home. The retake/absentee date has been set for Thursday, December 10th. If you are planning to have retakes, simply bring the original picture package with you to school and turn into the photographer during retakes. We will take pictures at East beginning at 8:00am, West from 8:00-9:00, and Central from 9:30-11:30. Due to the availability of our photographers, we kindly ask that any preschoolers who need retakes and are not already in class during these times, come on Thursday morning at 8:00am to West Campus or 9:30am at Central Campus for the retake. Thank you!
- All School Mass, Dec 8th to celebrate the Feast of the Immaculate Conception and The Year of Mercy, East Campus 9:00am. All are welcome to join us. This will be our only Mass this week and Mass dress does apply. All other days are Non-Mass day dress.
- Spelling Bee for students in grades 5-8 will be held Thursday, Dec 9th at 8:00am in the East Campus gym. Parents are welcome to attend.
- School Pictures for Absentee students and retakes - Dec 10th
- AR Cut date, Dec 11th, is quickly approaching for the second quarter. Please check with your child on his/her progress towards their goals and encourage them not to wait until the last minute to get those AR quizzes in.
- Students at East Campus will have a School Reconciliation Service on December 16th at 9:30am.
- Final Exams for students in grades 7 & 8 will be held on Wednesday, Dec 16th and Thursday, Dec 17th.
- Pick up an easy stocking stuffer for your child, your spouse, or even yourself :) The Holy Trinity Hat order form, from Impressions Printing, has been included in the Purple Folder tonight. Orders are due back with payment by THIS Friday, Dec 4th at 1:00pm in order to have them in time for Christmas.
- Now that it is staying dark in the mornings and it is more difficult to see, please be mindful of parishioners who may be arriving for Mass early. Help keep them safe by using the appropriate drop off procedures. At East Campus, please note that this means you should be exiting by the bus shed out to Schroeder Ave rather than coming down the driveway on the side of church. At Central, please continue to allow parishioners to walk in front of the vehicles as you are stopped. Thank you for your help!
Koatz 4 Kids is currently accepting new and gently used coats to provide to those in need this winter season. What a great time to try on last year's winter coats to see if they fit! If they don't, please consider donating them to Koatz 4 Kids, while making room in your closet for new coats! Donation boxes are located by the school offices. Volunteers are needed for coat distribution on Dec 12th.
Toys for Tots is also collecting new, unwrapped toys for children this holiday season. Any donations are appreciated and can be dropped off in the boxes by the school offices.
Thank you for the support of our monthly food bank items! Our total giving to our local community food bank for November's breakfast items was 688. We are currently collecting baby food for the month of December in honor of baby Jesus' birth.
PTA Scrip News
Don’t forget that the last day to make a special order (or a large volume order) that insures delivery by Christmas is Sunday, Dec. 13 by 11:30am.
The last day to stop in the Central Campus (Precious Blood) office to buy in stock Scrip cards before Christmas is Friday, Dec. 18. There will be NO office sales the week of Christmas.
We will still sell at both Holy Family & Precious Blood Masses the weekend of Dec. 19-20.
During the week of Christmas, the ONLY time available to shop our in-stock cards will be Wed., Dec 23from 5:00pm-6:00pm at the Holy Trinity Scrip office in the Precious Blood Church gathering area (enter Church under the canopy).
Dubois County 4-H enrollment has started thru Jan 15th, 2016. Mini 4-H is available to youth presently in grade K-2. 4-H helps youth grades 3-12 explore a wide variety of interest thru project work, camps, club meetings and hands on applications. See what 4-H has to offer. For more information, visit www.extension.purdue.edu/dubois or call 812-482-1782.