HPMS Family Bulletin
- Harbour Pointe Office Hours 7:30am-4:00pm
- Doors open for students at 7:35am
- Office phone: 425-366-5100
- School Hours - Monday-Thursday - 8:05am-2:45pm, LIT Fridays - 8:05am-1:30pm
- Attendance phone number is (425) 366-5105 or email HPattendance@mukilteo.wednet.edu
The HPMS Family Bulletin is available in multiple languages. The "Translate" function can be found at the top of this webpage.
WEEK AT A GLANCE
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 18
- Drawing Club, 2:50-3:50, W102
TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 19
- HP Music Boosters Meeting, 7:00, Band Room
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20
- Softball: HP vs Olympic View Middle School, 3:45, HP Field
THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 21
- Cross Country: Evergreen & Eisenhower Middle Schools vs. HP, 3:45, Eisenhower Middle School
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 22
- LIT Day, Dismissal, 1:30
IMPORTANT DATES - LOOKING AHEAD!
- 25: Softball: HP @ Explorer Middle School, 3:45
- 26: 8th Grade Non-School Sponsored East Coast Trip Informational Meeting, 5:30, Library
- 26: Curriculum Night, 6:00pm
- 27: Football Jamboree, 3:45, HP Field
- 28: QSA Club STARTS, 2:50-3:50
- 28: Cross Country: HP vs Explorer & Voyager Middle Schools, 3:45, HP Field
- 4: Softball: HP @ Heatherwood Middle School, 3:45
- 4: Football: HP @ Evergreen Middle School, 3:45
- 5: Picture Retake Day
- 5: Cross Country: HP @ Heatherwood & Eisenhower Middle Schools, 3:45
- 20: Staff Work Day - No School for Students
Tuesday, September 26, 6:00pm
Please plan to attend Curriculum Night Tuesday, September 26th. You will have an opportunity to follow your child’s schedule, visit classrooms, meet teachers, learn about Clubs and Activities, how to get involved and stay connected to our school. Curriculum Night is intended to provide parents with an overview of our curriculum and strategies on how to partner with teachers to help your child have a successful year. Teachers and counselors will not be available for individual consultation prior to, during, or directly following our evening program. Curriculum Night is designed for parents and guardians.
We do not have physical space to accommodate children and therefore request that students and siblings not attend. However, if you have young children and you do not have childcare, your “littles” may accompany you. Our elevator can accommodate strollers.
More details will be sent to you next week!
FROM THE BOOKKEEPING OFFICE...
Thank you to HP’s fabulous PE staff, HP families and students for their patience while we distributed PE clothes for our 805 students!! As of now all clothes that were purchased online have been delivered. Please reach out to our Bookkeeper Lori Gish email@example.com if you have any questions.
8TH GRADE NON-SCHOOL SPONSORED EAST COAST TRIP
8th Grade Families:
Your student is invited to join Mr. Hickox on an upcoming educational travel experience to Washington, D.C., and New York City in Spring 2024! All details will be covered at our informational meeting happening just before Curriculum Night.
Date: September 26th
Time: 5:30 PM
Location: Harbour Pointe Middle School Library
Information covered: itinerary, activities, dates, academic opportunities, cost, and EF’s risk-free enrollment period.
It is mandatory to register for the meeting. Please register here: https://bit.ly/3sLPDXI
There are limited spots on this trip, so we would love to have you attend this meeting to learn more about this exciting opportunity!
HPMS PARKING LOT SAFETY
Please read the following important information about our parking lot:
The front parking lot is closed 7:30am-8:00am and 2:30pm-3:00pm for buses only
Please remember to not drop off students on Harbour Pointe Blvd. Drop off in the back area of the school or on 50th across from the school and the flagger will get your student across the road safely.
If your student is dropped off in the morning at the back entrance to HPMS, please read this IMPORTANT message.
If you arrive BEFORE 7:35A and you wish to wait with your student…
- Please pull into a parking space and wait.
- Please DO NOT line up and wait in our “kiss-n-go” line.
- Please DO NOT park in the spaces (XXX). The “kiss-n-go” line blocks these parking spaces.
- When cars line-up before 7:35A, parents who need to drop and go, and staff who need to park and get into the building, cannot do so without passing cars against oncoming traffic.
During the morning drop-off, the “kiss-n-go” line should be moving.
We are always looking for ways to improve! Thank you for helping us keep our HPMS community safe.
❤ = Kiss-n-Go, then go left to exit
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT BEING ON HP CAMPUS
While we cannot wait to welcome all your students back to Harbour Pointe this upcoming week, we did want to notify you of an update to our practice of having the public use our outdoor school facilities during non-school hours. Up until this year, we have allowed the public, including current students, to be on campus during non-school hours. We would like to continue this practice; however, we need to restrict the timeframe due to ongoing issues with vandalism and inappropriate behavior that have occurred on campus after school. Most often, these behaviors have been due to the decisions of students who have remained on campus after school and weren’t involved in a supervised activity.
Therefore, our policy is now the following: The public, including current students, may use outdoor school facilities between 4:30 pm and dusk, and between dawn and 7:30 on school days. If there are school sponsored events during these public times, these events will take priority over public use. This means that any student not involved in a supervised, school-sponsored activity or event (e.g., sports, clubs, homework help prearranged with a teacher) must leave campus within 7 minutes of the final bell. They may return after 4:30 until dusk, so long as there is not a school-sponsored event.
HP ONLINE STORE
Purchase ASB Card, Yearbook, and PE clothing by scanning the QR code or click HERE.
If your student is participating in clubs, sports, Band, Choir, or Orchestra, they must purchase a $15.00 ASB card. Students will receive PE clothing the first week of PE. Yearbooks will be distributed at then end of the school year. Questions? Please email our bookkeeper, Ms. Gish.
SCHOOL PICTURES BY DORIAN
Picture Re-take/ Make Up Day is October 5
If you would like to order pictures, please scan the QR code or visit mydorian.com, search for Harbour Pointe Middle School, and click on the green Order button.
If you would like a retake, and have already purchased a picture packet, please send the pictures you do not want on October 5. The photographers will take them. There will be no retake for students' IDs.
SIGN UP FOR 2023-24 ATHLETICS!!!
How do I sign my HP student up for sports?
1. Register Online
- complete the online registration in Final Forms
2. Sports Physical
- Submit a sports physical (good for 2 years)
3. ASB Card
- Purchase an ASB card ($15)
HP Season 1 Sports Information
- Coaches: Bryan Stelling and Bob Simon
- Turn-out starts Thursday, September 7th 3:00-5:00 PM
- Practice Monday-Friday 3:00-5:00 PM
- 7th & 8th graders, no cut sport
- Coaches: Ann Bradley and Kevin Jacobson
- Turn-out starts Thursday, September 7th 3:00-4:00 PM in W204
- Practice Monday-Thursday 3:00-5:00 PM & Fridays 1:30-3:30 PM
- 7th & 8th grade girls, team selection
- Coaches: Kris Henry and Heidi Bloemker
- Turn-out starts Thursday, September 7th 3:00-4:00 PM in the PE portable
- Practice Monday-Thursday 3:00-4:00 PM & Fridays 7:00-8:00 AM
- 7th & 8th graders compete, 6th graders practice only
Now that we’ve survived the first full week of school and classes are beginning to ramp up, it is the perfect time to make sure that you can access your Qmlativ Family Access account. Qmlativ Family Access is where you will find your student’s attendance records, grades and assignments. To help ensure that your student is staying on track in their classes, it may be helpful to have a routine time that you check Qmlativ and walk through their outstanding missing assignments with them. A little organizational help can go a long way! If you have any questions or concerns about what you see in Qmlativ you can always message your student’s teachers through ParentSquare or email, or help build your student’s self-advocacy skills by teaching them how to reach out to their teachers themselves.
- 6th Grade: Mrs. Megan Francisco firstname.lastname@example.org
- 7th Grade: Mr. Anthony Noble email@example.com
- 8th Grade: Mr. Stephen Fleming firstname.lastname@example.org
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns regarding your student!
STUDENT SUPPORT ADVOCATE FOR HPMS
My name is Raylin Lucey, and I am the Student Support Advocate for HPMS. I connect students and families to resources and support within the community.
I can help students and families connect to…
- Food or Clothing
- Housing Resources
- Youth Shelters
- Resources for paying bills
- Mental Health Therapists
- Support Groups
- Health Insurance
- Documentation - Birth Cert, ID, DACA, Social Security
- State and federal assistance
- Legal Resources
- LGBTQAI+ Supports
- BIPOC Supports
- A safe place to talk and more...
Raylin Lucey He / Him
Student Support Advocate | Harbour Pointe Middle School
Office 425-366-5128 | Cell 425-231-2603
Office Hours Mon, Wed, Thu, Fri @ 7AM-3:30PM, Tue @ 10AM-6:30PM
“Everyone is still healing from things they don’t talk about so be kind.” – Mike Foster
GOOD TO KNOW
DO YOUR STUDENTS OWE FEES AND FINES?
Our bookkeeper, Lori Gish, would like you to check if your students have fees and fines. There might be charges for lost/damaged books, club fees, or athletic uniforms that were not returned. Any fines and fees carryover from year to year. It’s best to clear these up now. Please click HERE to check your student’s account.
ACTIVITY BUS INFO
- Students must be a regular bus rider (live within the school bus boundaries)
- There are two lines of Activity Buses (a NORTH bus and a SOUTH bus).
- Students need to know their address to get on the correct bus.
- There are limited stops on the route, so it may not be your child's regular stop but somewhat close in proximity.
- Students may ask the bus drivers to find out which bus they should take and what stop they should get off.
- This is NOT your student's regular bus route. Depending on when your student's stop is, they could arrive home after 5:00PM.
- All Activity Buses leave at 4:10PM from the front of the school.
DO YOU PLAN ON VOLUNTEERING AT HPMS THIS YEAR?
Please be sure that you have current MSD Volunteer paperwork on file. Click on the link below to go to the MSD website. There you will be able to read and complete the necessary forms (available in multiple languages). If you have questions, please contact Sandra Holzer, our Family Engagement Liaison. Thank you!
SCHOOL LUNCH MENUS
McKinney – Vento Act
Are you living in or moving to a temporary place due to loss of housing or economic hardship? Did you know that if where you are staying is not fixed, regular and adequate, you may qualify for extra support from your school?
Students have a right to finish the school year at their school of origin. Contact your school if you think you might qualify for services. Learn more about the McKinney-Vento program here.
Mukilteo School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator and Title IX Coordinator Simone Neal (425-356-1319), email@example.com, Section 504 Coordinator Becca Anderson (425-356-1282), firstname.lastname@example.org, and the ADA/Access Coordinator Karen Mooseker (425-356-1330), email@example.com. Address: 9401 Sharon Drive in Everett, WA. Inquiries regarding ADA/Access issues at Sno-Isle TECH Skills Center should be directed to Wes Allen, Director (425-348-2220) firstname.lastname@example.org. Address: 9001 Airport Road in Everett, WA 98204.