Insight School of Indiana, Grades 7-12
Insight Indiana Parents and Learning Coaches:
By now you may have heard that Ms. Torres has chosen to resign her position as principal at Insight Indiana Virtual School. I want to assure you that the students, parents, and staff have been and will remain my first priority during this period of transition.
While I understand that many parents and Learning Coaches may have questions, it has always been the practice of the Hoosier Academy Network of Schools that we do not publicly discuss personnel issues. Therefore, we will continue to respond with a high level of professionalism and cannot discuss the details of Ms. Torres’ resignation now or in the future.
At this time, we are exercising our responsibility to make sure that we provide the best educational learning environment for your scholar. Our primary focus is to take appropriate and immediate steps to put a highly qualified administrator in place at the school to ensure that we provide the best instructional support and leadership for our students, their families and the school staff.
Please know that the students at Insight Indiana and their well-being will remain our primary focus as we work to ensure that they receive a high quality education in a positive learning environment.
As this process develops, we will involve the Insight Indiana family and keep you apprised of our deliberations and decisions. Thank you for your understanding and all that you do to support our scholars!
Dr. J. L. Silver,
Head of Schools
- Virtual Art Club, Mondays @ 12pm EST in Blackboard Class Connect
- President's Day - No School, February 17
- Dual Credit Discussion Session, grades 10-12, February 20
- ISTEP testing, February 24-28 (high school only)
- Teacher Workday, No school for students, March 2
- Virtual Fieldtrip via Blackboard, March 9 @11:30am
- Bankers Life Fieldhouse Tour, March 16 @ 2pm
College Goal Sunday, February 23rd
The date has been set! On February 23rd, 2020, students and families all across the state of Indiana can receive free help filing the FAFSA! College Goal Sunday is a program that started right here in Indiana and has spread across the country.
ISFAA and College Goal Sunday have helped tens of thousands of Hoosiers file their
FAFSA and secure funding to achieve their college dreams!
SAT and ACT Registration Dates
SAT: Register at collegeboard.com
Test Date, March 14 - Registration deadline, February 15 - Late Online Reg. Deadline, March 3
Test Date , May 2 - Registration deadline, Late Online Reg. Deadline, April 3 - April 21
Test Date , June 6 - Registration deadline, Late Online Reg. Deadline, May 8 - May 27
ACT: Register at act.org
Test Date, April 4 - Registration deadline, February 28, Late Registration Deadline, March 13
Test Date, June 13 - Registration deadline, May 8, Late Registration Deadline, May 22
Test Date, July 18 - Registration deadline, June 19, Late Registration Deadline, June 26
Open Talk Time with Mrs. Williamson, Family Resource Coordinator
All middle and high school students have “Open Talk Time” as an optional assembly on their schedules every Tuesday from 1:00-3:00 pm. This is a time where students can come and speak to me about social, emotional, or resource needs, or just pop by to say hello. Students can pop in and out as needed if they have free time on their schedule. If they are in class and need to come and talk to me, all they need to do is inform the teacher before they leave and they will be excused.
Update Attendance Daily
- Class Connects— attendance updated within system while student attends a CC with a teacher. Students are required to attend daily live instruction.
- In addition: • Learning Coach — enter attendance for student learning activities outside of CC. These are not automatically counted toward attendance so the learning coach must enter them:
- Recordings K12 course work in the OLS or D2L
- Office Hours attended for extra support
- Other school related activities Fitness activities for PE.
- Monday attendance must equal 6 hours as well.
Lead Counselor: Jessica Griggs; email@example.com
Community Engagement: Christina Ingram; firstname.lastname@example.org
Registrar: Gena Stockard; email@example.com
Admin Assistant: Lois Love; firstname.lastname@example.org